|19|

Manhattan, NYC, NY
City Hospital
_________________________

"White male, mid-20s early 30s, gunshot wound to the abdomen!" the ER nurse shouted, carting the bed off into a triage to be taken care of.

"Is he okay?" Ace yelled, following as closely behind as the rushing doctors and nurses would let him.

A nurse in green scrubs came up to the blond, "Sir, I'm going to have to ask you to wait in the seating area." she pointed towards the double doors which let to the waiting room.

Ace shook his head, standing on his toes to try and get a better look at what was happening.

His much taller husband simply heeded the nurse's directions and grabbed Ace's arm, pulling him towards the waiting room.

"No, wait. Lanka!" Ace called out, trying to fight against Ash pulling him out of the emergency room.

Landon turned around and searched for the voice that had called for him, "M-my dad's calling for me...I have to-" he tried to sit up from the bed but a nurse pushed him back down.

"Sir, you have to stay still or your wound will get worse." he said sternly, pushing down Landon's shoulders so he couldn't sit up again.

Landon shook his head, "W-what wound? I'm not hurt, it's Alvarez. He's the one that-" Landon looked down and saw his arm was bleeding.

And then it all went dark...

a few hours later,
hospital room 965
_______________________

Landon opened his eyes and was blinded by the brightness almost instantly, "Someone close the blinds." he complained without even so much as a 'hello'.

"Damn bro, you just about live in the hospital huh?"
Landon furrowed his eyebrows, trying to figure out who the voice belonged to before it connected.

"Percy." he groaned, looking over to see the blue-haired adult sitting on the arm of a chair inside his hospital room.

Percy grinned before pointing towards the edge of the bed, "Don't wake up the crybaby over there."
Landon looked over to see Emma laying with her head on the edge of his bed.

"I'm not asleep," she mumbled, sitting up and giving Percy a side glance, "go fuck off with your boyfriend, Percy."

Landon looked over at Percy, "Woah wait- boyfriend?" he looked at the older man with a surprised look, I thought he was straight-

Kaleb scoffed a laugh, "He's messing around with my brother. Pretty sure it's a friends with benefits kind of thing though."

Percy scrunched his face into a frown, "Why the hell are y'all all up in my relationship? We're dating, alright, fuck over it."

"Okay, Mr. Defensive," Emma held her arms up in mock surrender, "we won't talk about it. But I bet you're on the recieving end." she lifted her eyebrows suggestively.

Landon visibly cringed, "Emmy, that's inappropriate." he stretched and instantly flinched, pulling his arm back to look at it.

His right arm had a bandage wrapped around it and brown splotches of blood spotted on it. Further down in the inside of his elbow was an IV needle, held down by tape.

"Did I actually get shot?" Landon gasped, thinking aloud in suprise.
Kaleb cheered, "Hell yeah you did! Right through the arm, doctors say."

Landon's eyes went wide and he felt like throwing up.
Emma reached over and grabbed his right hand, "It was a graze, barely even went past. Don't worry." she replied in a low voice.

The door opened and in stepped Tyler, followed by Justin.
"Sorry we're late, Ty had to get their mommy's approval to stay out this late."

"Dude, fuck off." Tyler said in their own defense, flipping Justin off before noticing Landon was awake.
"Oh finally you're awake, I almost missed History trying to be here when you got up."

Landon scoffed, "I got shot and all you care about is your history class?" he put on a dramatic sad face, "I guess now I know how much you care about me."

Tyler rolled their eyes, "I guess the bullet didn't take away how damn dramatic you are."

"Never." Landon faked a hair flip and then winced when he accidentally bent the arm with the IV in it.

"Dumbass." Kaleb mumbled as he climbed out of his chair beside Percy and sat on the edge of Landon's bed, "How're you feeling?"

Justin took the seat beside Percy who intertwined their fingers together and leaned his head on the younger man's shoulder.

Landon nodded, "I'm good. I was kinda scared this morning but I wasn't expecting to get shot." he replied, thinking about when he was shot.

Alvarez held up his hand in a motionless wave, "Stay safe Landon, see you."

Landon bowed goodbye and turned to walk away. And then....

BANG!

Somehow Alvarez had seen Jake Miller with the gun before Landon had, and he jumped in front of the blond.

Alvarez fell to the ground, holding his stomach as it poured blood. "Alvarez!" Landon bent down beside him and tried to apply pressure to the wound.

Jake was surprised, he hadn't expected to hit anyone besides Landon. He lifted the gun once more and, with shaky hands, pulled the trigger pointed at Landon.

The bullet nearly missed its target, lodging in the side of Landon's arm.
Landon screamed out in pain and fell onto the ground beside a bleeding Alvarez.

Everyone around had heard the gunshots and the nearby police station sent out officers to investigate.

Ace and Ash, being only across the street, quickly ran over just in time to see Jake trying to flee the scene.

Ash was much taller and had longer legs so he caught up to Jake in less than 2 seconds, decking the younger man in the face as hard as he could.

"Lanka! Shit, someone get help!" Ace shouted frantically, bending to the pavement, trying to stop the bleeding on Landon's arm and Alvarez's stomach.

The paramedics arrived within a few minutes and rushed Landon, Alvarez, and Jake- who was badly injured from Ash beating the shit out of him- to the hospital.

Landon looked down at his bed and fought the urge to cry, Why is this happening to me?

The room door opened and at once, all Landon's friends stood up, "Hi, Mr. Kim." Emma and Tyler said at the same time.

Ryojin nodded to them and then looked at Landon, waiting patiently as his friends left the room.

"Bye Lan. / See you later dude. / Get better soon." they said, leaving the room and leaving Ryojin and Landon alone.

Vote and Comment!
bc it took me 3 days to write this...school🙄