• Chapter 2 •

"You ready girls?" Rob asked us while I stared out the window right at the hoards of people

"You sure we're not underdressed? There's so many people in better outfit-"

"Amber, don't worry please. It's not about being worst or best dressed right now. Trust me, down the road the casual attire at famous events are going to be iconic." He tried explaining but Amber still wasn't completely eased by it.

"But there will be a day we're not so casual... right?" She wondered and we all knew she liked to get glammed up.

"Yes, Amber it's just the VMA's.. relax, please." Rob kept looking around as he waited for some of the people around our car to step away a bit.

"I'm chill." Amber sat back in her seat with a deep sigh.

"There's so many people out there." I mumbled suddenly feeling a lot more nervous.

"And they're all going to be screaming your guys' name in a few."

But would they really? This was our first huge event as a band would people actually know who we are?

"Alright, come on guys." Rob got out of the very tinted vehicle and buttoned up his suit jacket.

He opened the door for us while Vlad stood tall and kept his guard up with a couple other of nightly security. Cursing at myself for sitting by the door, I stood up right as I got out of the car with a smile. Karen tried speaking to us four girls very directly about what not to say once again while we inched ourselves towards the beginning of the carpet. Cars were lining up behind us and the entire team led us closer and closer to the carpet and backdrops for pictures. My heart beating harder and harder which only had me looking back at my friends for support.

Erica immediately noticed my panicking eyes and grabbed my arm along with Amber's. She smiled with a small grip of my arm and led us onto the carpet. The moment we all felt the carpet under our feet Erica tightened my arm once more before letting Amber and I go.

"Alright girls, wait until they get a little bit further down the carpet and just get in there. Don't be nervous, you're amazing, you own the charts right now." Rob was very supportive and was quick to pass us off to the absolute hoard of cameras.

"Serendipity!" I heard an uproar of people start to snap pictures before we were even remotely ready.

"Oh- go, go, we're right here." Rob ushered us further down the carpet causing me to breathe in deep.

I waved at the crowd with a smile, the flashes and the screaming never once faltered as I peeked further down the carpet. I could see Calvin Harris in a black suit closest to us then even further down was John Legend and his wife, Chrissy Teigen. I audibly and visibly huffed feeling as if I couldn't breathe properly which had Erica look at me again. Her wary eyes met mine and I gave her a small smile before nervously looking over at my team. Karen closed her eyes for a moment with a brief shake of her head causing Erica to giggle as if she knew something I didn't.