• Chapter 5 •

"Ma!" I groaned when she gripped me tightly not caring if I had luggage on me or not.

"I missed you so much." She muttered into my ear and I smiled happily finally feeling as if I was truly home.

Then I saw a couple men with cameras further down the corridor being escorted outside. It was odd seeing people show up to take pictures of you doing the simplest things but I guess it came with the occupation. I leaned back to kiss my mom on the forehead then abruptly grabbed my little sister to give her a hug with a death grip.

"Oh goddangit Y/NN- ow."

"I missed you too you little shit." I grumbled against her head and she pushed me off with a huff.

"Hey mama." I heard Natalie come up behind us to give my mom her own little embrace.

"Hey baby."

I looked around to Amber looking right up at her dad who was towering over all of us and crossed her arms. She animatedly spoke to him while I saw Rob shaking his head with tired eyes. She definitely wasn't wasting anytime with anyone.

"But dad! Who gives a shit about prom pictures when I'll be taking y'all to the Grammy's! Let's be for real now." Amber stated and honestly she was speaking nothing but the truth.

"Amber it's not about pictures it's about the experience-"

"Dad. Most of these teenagers experienced the same stuff but who experiences going to the Grammy's? Who experiences getting brand deals and flights to Paris for the weekend? I'm also starting my career with my best friends that is literally my dream! What's the point of school when I'm already attaining what I wanted to go to school for?" She gave another rock solid point and my mom quickly looked at me.

"What is she talking about?" She questioned me and I sighed with my backpack slugging my shoulders down.

"It's about if you guys can allow us to get homeschooled instead of going back to public school so we can further ourselves in the industry." I told her and she gave me a blank stare then she turned back to Amber.

"The hell is taking so damn long? Get them back on that plane, Derek." My mom shouted from the few feet she was standing apart.

He looked back at her and sighed, "You're talking with your mother, I'm not dealing with her shit right now. I don't care, alright? I really don't." He put his large hand up and I chuckled to myself as Natalie typed on her phone.

"You good?" I questioned the blonde and she shrugged.

"I'm eighteen, they don't care either." She mumbled and suddenly huffed, "Daniel's picking me up though." She added and my mom brought her into another hug.

"Oh honey..." She rubbed Natalie's back softly, "I'll definitely allow you to go too."

"I know that now mom." Natalie snickered into her shoulder and I saw Erica's happy face pop up with her brother Dion.

"Hi mama-"

"No." My mom held up her hand and continued to hug Natalie.

My mom hadn't really fully let Erica back in since my break up with her, my mom had to pick up my slack for weeks because of what Erica had done. It got really bad and she truly didn't know what to do. She wasn't too enthralled with Erica experiencing the luxurious lifestyle I practically gave her due to the songs I wrote about her and the situation. But it was always in the back of her head that as long as I was happy... she had to be as well.

"Damnit come here." My mom sighed and pulled Erica in for a hug but it didn't last.

"Alright." My mom then separated and looked over to see Niki coming over to us with Erica's luggage in hand.