• Chapter 10 •

A/N: sorry if it's an eye sore I wanted to try something different enjoy x

-

The days following my coming out or my "outting" was very much stressful, I personally didn't care so much but almost everyone else did. We had so many concerned calls from labels and hosting companies plus some shady programs already putting our names at the bottom of their priorities; despite us being at the top of any chart there was. Since I had made my own wave of controversy after shit hit the fan I couldn't comment on anything until Karen gave me the green light. Ever since then the girls had gotten to say whatever they had to which made another week be swirled around with topics and articles.

It was all a game of PR and perspective, as long as our names were in the air of the most popular names in the business we would be fine. It wasn't like it was anything bad it was just interesting that one of the members in a band full of girls that have been the talk around town came out as gay. Precisely when the one that came out is apart of a pairing within the same group that's on the uprise- fans sure loved to ship people.

The shipping wasn't extremely huge but it was getting up there... especially since I've been seen with a rising "it girl" in another group. That only lead fans to suspect that she was into girls as well but it started and ended with fans; no one with an actual following from any news outlet were to report on it. Karen was very good at her job but we knew it would be put on pause for so long which also lead me to realize that I definitely needed to be careful with my own actions. Camila wasn't her own person right now technically and I personally didn't want to get her in trouble for partaking in me rather than her job and contract. It was an odd thin line I had to walk on.

But she was such an angel and she had such a derivative mind where if she wanted to see me she was going to make it happen. Ever since our kiss on that rooftop there was absolutely no stopping that girl from seeing me. She was fierce and determined. It was just a lot more lowkey now and I loved every second of the high she brought me. The anticipation of her love, the adrenaline of practically sneaking around and the excitement of having her with me. But within a couple days of being with one another she was getting hate message after hate message due to her Latina magazine interview; that only sent her into her own little depressive spiral.

It really wasn't her fault since the interviewer was the one that asked her the question that wasn't actually necessary. It was the infamous question if the band would eventually break up and Camila had told that interviewer the truth, "Honestly, I think we all do. We'd be lying if we all said this is a picture-perfect thing, like we all completely agreed on the album track list and what the sound and the music-video treatment would be like, which usually happens in bands who grew up together. But for manufactured bands, it's harder."

Once that was released, it was ironically the same day I was outted and ever since then there was a huge disconnect between her and social media. She wasn't too active yet her phone was latched to her hand most of the time which only meant she was reading her own hate tweets. As much as she tried to be in the moment with me it was very hard for her to not dwell on it. Then Lauren had even setup a message for a Billboard interview saying that they weren't going anywhere. But that sudden topic had Camila in a constant state of anxiety and silence. It caused yet another wedge between her and the band she was in as well. Not everyone knew how to get her to find herself around these stressful situations and quite frankly no one had the patience to keep looking over each other's shoulder. Let alone hers.

On October sixth, only five days after our kiss, her comment and my outting- they had been invited to Latina's Hot List Party in West Hollywood. A lot of famous names attended yet it seemed as if all eyes were on them. It also kind of began a train wreck of a show since Lauren had a small panic attack on the carpet about her hair and how it was parted. Then apparently none of the girls would swap with her for the sake of having their own "good side" and Camila's anxiety took over again. Even the crowd had noticed some sort of tension between all of them and Camila did her best to smile through it.