• Chapter 31 •

Camila's POV

"I didn't want this to happen! Please, please can you just call her? Please, Dinah, please." I cried in her arms as she held me close against my bed.

"Mila, come on, relax." Dinah tightened her hold on me while I ugly sobbed into her chest.

I blubbered before practically choking on my sobs and coughing violently in her hold. She didn't care she kept still and did her best to not let me go. She kissed the top of my head and I groaned in all of my emotions. I groaned in anger and sadness as I replayed the moment Y/N walked away from me.

"Please call her back." I whimpered and let out a piercing cry all over again.

Dinah sighed deeply as she shook her head, "I can't, Mila. Give it some time." Her voice soft and I stuffed my face into her warmth and cried deeply.

The love of my life had just left and I wanted nothing more to have her back. What the fuck was I thinking? Why? Why did I let this go so far? Fuck! Fuck!

"Please." I begged and she held me tighter.

She held me throughout my groans and screams and pleading- she tried to hold me together as I fell apart. Despite also being irritated with me about hanging out with Lauren so much. She was a good friend. Someone I didn't deserve. I fell asleep in her arms and she didn't complain at all. I really didn't deserve her.

-

Waking up in the middle of the night with a snoring Dinah while the lamp in the corner softly illuminated the four corners of my bedroom. I still felt a harsh lump in my throat and I swallowed down any hurtful feeling. I woke up as if my body realized I was missing something and it felt like I was dying. I craved her back in the most simplest way and I held my mouth when I instantly felt it all come crashing back. I looked down at my phone to see if she tried to contact me again- to see if she wanted to come back. To see if she thought all of this was a mistake.

But when I looked... nothing.

I decided to get up slowly from the bed knowing I would eventually wake Dinah up with my weeping. Yet from all the crying I was extremely dehydrated and my mouth was dryer than the desert. Slowly making my way out of my room with a sniffle I shuffled into the living room. But then heard a clank from the kitchen and a deep sigh which only caused me to close my eyes while I paused.

It was Lauren.

She poured herself a shot and I was frozen in place. She was the reason Y/N was no longer here. I went to go turn around and go back into my room despite wanting to chug a gallon of water to myself... but she noticed my presence.

"Want one?" She slightly slumped down on the bar stool and I frowned.

The repeating image of Y/N briefly crying and then leaving in her rage caused my heart to sink. Over and over again and honestly I just wanted it to stop. I wanted her back but she wasn't going to be back- fuck, I did need one.

I pushed forward anyway.

I didn't speak to her, let alone look at her and she poured me a shot after taking hers. She watched me carefully and I sat down right beside her and took ahold of the little glass. I breathed in deeply and shot it down with a small hiss before she poured me another one. I looked down at the counter and took the second one without a second thought.

"I'm sorry." She whispered after a long moment of silence.

My eyebrows furrowing as my heart ached all over again and I shook my head while my eyes welled up with tears. I sniffled and bit back a small sob, "No, you're not." I spoke up and finally looked over at her.