• Chapter 28 •

"She thinks you're in love with me still."

"What?"

"I know she's only saying this because we all know Lauren actually is. She just can't be in the wrong."

I looked up into sea green eyes and she seemed to holding her breath while Amber listened in to my conversation. Natalie rubbed my back slowly while John finished up the songs I had rushing through. The negativity had inspired me to the greatest extent and I was now waiting for Camila to come home. But she never called me back or texted me. She was supposed to fly in today to attend the RDMA's tonight but I wasn't contacted. I even attempted to contact her myself but I was being ignored again. She was good at that.

"Well, I'm not and if you want I'll go talk to her myself." Erica deadpanned while her eyes connected to Amber's.

"Maybe it's for the best you stay out of it." Amber tried to direct the course but I disagreed- Lauren would gain some sort of trust if she tried to befriend me and not actively pursue my girl. But she didn't.

Erica wasn't like Lauren. She was truly just my friend and if she could somehow tell Camila just that then I wouldn't have anything to worry about. But I didn't wanna fully drag her into this. It wasn't her fault.

"I just need some help because I know you don't give a damn about me in that way." I looked back up at her anyways and she swallowed her spit before looking down at her fingers.

"I got you." Erica replied in a whisper and Amber took a deep breath herself before pulling up her phone.

"Erica, don't." Amber stated with narrowed eyes, "Don't be fucking stupid." She coded and Natalie sat back to analyze the situation but I couldn't.

My chest would not stop hurting and I just wanted Camila back in my space- it wasn't fair. I missed her so much.

"It's the least I can do, right?" Erica mumbled and stood up while Amber closed her eyes in disappointment.

Natalie had also gotten up and lended out her hand for me to take, "Come on, I think you need to go home for a bit. John? We're good right?" She called out and our overworked producer nodded with a yawn.

"Yeah, I'm gonna send it over to a few friends of mine that I trust and see if they can work on some of the tracks. I'll make sure to send them the notes you guys want for each song. But yeah, thanks to Y/NN y'all are good to go. Feel free to send more tracks if you wanna record more at your own studio. We love to have a selection." He gratefully led on and I was pulled up by Natalie's hand.

"Go get some real rest please. We'll call you when we wanna go out for dinner." She smiles softly before leaning in to kiss my cheek and Amber exhaled into the air.

"You're gonna be fine, Y/NN... I'll make sure she knows Erica's telling the truth." Amber gave into whatever Erica had planned and my ex who was standing near the door bit her cheek.

"Thank you."

I sulked on my way out and couldn't help but think of everything all over again. I had a dumb mouth that said dumb things when I couldn't control my anger or my emotions. It was such a bad habit that I just couldn't break and it came from suppressing all of my emotions from my childhood. Standing up to my sperm donor of a father and it breaking that barrier forever. Now I couldn't stop it and it wasn't right- I couldn't control my dumb comments. I was just unnecessarily mean now and I needed to find something else that would make it stop.

Driving back to my studio and climbing into the now highly uncomfortable futon bed. I needed another apartment. My studio was too small and I hated walking over things and feeling like I couldn't breathe when I was constantly reminded of work. I needed my safe haven but I also needed a place to live and I knew I couldn't have them be both in the same location. My studio was supposed to be my escape but now it was just a constant reminder of what I had yet to do.