• Chapter 16 •

In the midst of our tour was also the holy grail of award season which only caused even more stress for the band. If we weren't performing we were flying out to Los Angeles for award shows. We had to be present due to the fact we were brand new and people loved us so much- we were the most talked about appearances to date. Even more days without the girl of my dreams and even more days with her spending time with her friend Shawn. The fans loved those two together which was now very uncomfortable and since we hadn't been around each other in so long fans just moved on without us. They now were expecting them to be a couple since we hadn't hung out in so long.

I was getting real sick of that.

Again, I couldn't do much and I also did not wanna rush her to do anything drastic. She was still busy with the success of I Know What You Did Last Summer and now the upcoming 5H2 album. Excited that they finally were doing something more than just recording a song- they even shot a music video already out in the desert; even getting the cover for Seventeen Magazine for the March issue. Dating rumors were steady with Camila and Shawn as usual and it grew and grew until February 14th. Again, she flew out to our show in San Francisco and we did our best to go out in secret but it didn't work this time around.

Fans noticed us having some dinner in a restaurant next to the ocean right after our show. Then Camila had to fly out to Los Angeles the next day for a performance on Ellen with Shawn. Our plans were very short lived but seeing her and getting to kiss and hold her made every second worth while. Luckily for us our North American leg of the tour ended in the same city and that meant Serendipity could have a really nice longer break. I loved meeting fans and making their memories worthwhile knowing how much it would've meant to me but I was dying everyday for a moment alone.

I also loved my best friends but fuck they got annoying when they were constantly in your ear about something. Especially after sharing a bathroom. I was especially happy to finally be able to spend some quality time with Camila without being yelled at. As much as I hated the whole Shawn and Camila thing- I actually got to be with her without anyone questioning us. If people had to think they might have been together so we could actually be together... then I couldn't be too mad about it.

It was odd though because after her Ellen performance with Shawn they both got ready for the Grammy's and eventually all went out to the Universal Music Group After Party. Serendipity ended our sold out Los Angeles show that night instead of attending the one award show out of the handful. We ended up taking our celebration to my newly renovated studio just to get absolutely hammered. Making dumb songs as we messed around with the equipment that was now mine without any commitment. All the while Camila was getting drunk with Shawn and whining that she should have him drive her to me. That she missed everything about me despite seeing me the night before.

I had never met the guy and I really didn't know if he had any sort of feelings for my girlfriend but I knew he must've. She was Camila Cabello! Like it was insane to not want her in some sort of way. Knowing we were so close yet so far kept my heart leaping around in its place and my stomach tied in knots. Her messaging me late at night wishing I'd just come over unannounced before she had to do promo for Work From Home. I hadn't gotten to hear it but she told me it was gonna be a little more raunchy than Worth It. She couldn't wait for me to hear it... or watch the video.

Then eventually when it did come out I was absolutely blown away with everything. I remember staying up for the exclusive iHeartRadio release and interview- feeling so elated to hear her laugh on the radio... then those very catchy few beats. Leaning against my office chair in my studio then feeling a burst of energy and love from hearing how happy she was. Fucking damn my love for her had me the most inspired I'd been within the last couple months. I had deadlines that were coming up and the more I got to bask in the love I had yet to confess for her I drowned myself in lyrics.