• Chapter 22 •

"No, don't- Y/NN please for once make it easy on me. Don't say anything stupid." Karen begged as we were all set up with our tech equipment.

"Relax, I know how this goes- how long is the interview?" I questioned as I watched Fifth Harmony walk onto the studio stage with smiles.

"Uh... that's the thing, we don't know." She mumbled and I frowned at that while Erica backed away from our makeup artist.

"How? What do you mean?"

"They spin a wheel." She shrugged with worried eyes and my heart started to thump faster.

"How long does it usually go for?"

"Twenty minutes to an hour-"

"An hour?" Erica and I exclaimed and I could see Camila look over at us curiously from the set.

"On the bright side at least its not a special edition episode! They usually up it to forty minutes to three hours- crazy, I know but that's why fans love this shit." Karen patted my arm while Erica looked up at me and scuffled.

"Not saying I'd like a three hour interview but... why aren't we special edition?" She questioned and I then hummed in realization.

"True."

"Because three hours with you two would definitely out every little thing and secret we all have." Karen laughed before shaking her head at us, "So, yeah, I was not signing up for that- I'm nervous now with hopefully a twenty minute interview."

"Is it really an interview? Are they asking about music?"

"I don't know. I know I've restricted some topics and names but there's loopholes they'll definitely find their way around. He's most likely gonna ask you questions that fans would love to know."

"Personal questions." Erica stated then softly chuckled as she looked up at me, "Can't promise I won't out us myself." She nudged me with a snicker while both, Karen and I stared back at her blankly.

"What? You know I try and stay quiet with these things! I always end up blurting something out, like-"

"Big Ben." Amber giggled evilly as she finally was finished with her makeup.

"See."

"None of that." Karen halted and Amber smirked before raising her hands in defense.

"If we're here for an hour at most I will definitely be making comments that make Y/N wanna hit me." She warned and Karen just rolled her eyes at us.

"Y/N won't have to hit you because I'll do it myself, you know the rules. That's all I have to say." Karen crossed her arms then peered over at our manager who was speaking animatedly with the host.

Younger guy maybe in his early, early twenties, circular glasses, a striped shirt, khaki shorts and a mustache that was barely visible. He definitely was a fan like I heard he was. He fit in the age criteria of our fandom and I just closed my eyes. This was gonna be a shit show for Karen.

"I'm sorry in advance." I apologized to Karen and she just shrugged.

"I'll deal with it. Go on, they're ready for you."

"Erica- real quick!" Shan snapped closer to her and fixed up what she left behind.

I walked out with Natalie and Amber to see two long prep tables in front of a raised platform where the host would be sitting and watching us from an elevated view. The metal tables shining as a huge walk-in cooler was our backdrop that had a big sign that read, "Toss It!"

"I swear to god if we're making salad for homeless people I will kill everyone involved-"

"We are." Amber noted as we walked up to the tables and I looked over at her as the crew around us double checked everything.