008. sidelines

"sidelines"
by wallows

" i see you loving on the sidelines
i think about it at the wrong times
i see you loving on the sidelines
(i don't wanna know)
who you'll be taking with you tonight
i know i drew the line
can we erase it
we're living in denial
but we can change this
and i drove all night until i started to cry
all because i saw a world without you and i "

。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆ 。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆

"raindrops keep falling on my head"

season 2, episode 1

。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆ 。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆

eleanor was headed to joe's bar when she saw a familiar redhead in a heated conversation with her older brother. she knew addison would turn up and cause problems at some point, but she certainly wasn't expecting it to be tonight. she was supposed to be meeting alex for drinks but now she was staring satan in the eyes. 

and satan was staring back.

oh, addison.

eleanor had a lot of love for addie. she was someone that had always been there for her, no matter what. but now, eleanor wasn't so sure. how could she ever trust someone that would do that to the love of their life? not to mention who she cheated with, because that made the whole thing ten times worse. his best friend, and the reason eleanor had slept in their guest room and wept on their couch for months.

so yeah, eleanor wasn't sure how to feel.

she broke the eye contact and shook her head. eleanor wasn't dealing with this right now, i mean, she couldn't she had plans -- plans with alex -- drinks with alex -- right now -- she didn't have time for the hurricane that was addison montgomery-shepherd.

。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆ 。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆

eleanor walked into the bar alongside cristina and george, alex had a few more things to deal with at the hospital so she had a minute to sit with them.

"let's play a game of who's life sucks the most." meredith slurred.

"let's not." cristina countered.

"I'll win. i always win."

"well, you don't want to play with me." cristina breathed out.

"oh i do, I'll even go first." meredith offered. after a long pause she spoke up, "derek's married."

george blew beer out of his nose, cristina turned and met meredith with a shocked look, and eleanor, well, she couldn't even look at her. 

"george, that's disgusting, please go wash off your face." eleanor said quietly in disgust. george nodded and got up from the bar, and eleanor took a deep breath in. "well, my thing might not be as bad as that but it's pretty damn bad."

meredith must've been pretty drunk because she had yet to make the connection that as derek's sister she must've known he was married beforehand, "well? go, say it." she demanded.

"i like alex. like, he's coming here soon to get drinks with me and that's bad. this is probably really bad and i just... i like him. ugh, god i am disgusting." eleanor cringed.

"that's bad, el, i mean not as bad as pigheaded, adulterous, lying, married, derek, but you are right, that is bad. but i still win.

"no you don't." cristina argued.