038. champagne problems

"champagne problems"
by taylor swift

"  because i dropped your hand while dancing
left you out there standing
crestfallen on the landing
champagne problems
your mom's ring in your pocket
my picture in your wallet
your heart was glass, i dropped it
champagne problems
you told your family for a reason
you couldn't keep it in
your sister splashed out on the bottle
now no one's celebrating
dom perignon, you bought it
now crowd of friends applauded
your hometown skeptics called it
champagne problems
you had a speech, you're speechless
love slipped beyond your reaches
and i couldn't give a reason
champagne problems
...
i never was ready so i watched you go
sometimes you just don't know the answer
'til someone's on their knees and asks you "

。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆ 。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆

season 3, episode 25
didn't we almost have it all?

。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆ 。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆

"i thought i was gonna hate this party game thing, but it's kinda great." cristina said, her head rested on a roll of toilet paper.

meredith stood wrapped in a toilet paper gown and eleanor sat beside cristina, trying to write cristina's vows onto her hand.

"can we set her on fire after?" cristina asked.

"no, we cannot." meredith told her sternly.

"okay, these wedding vows aren't going to fit onto your hand, cristina. why can't you just write them down on a piece of paper like a normal person?" eleanor asked.

"why can't you just write smaller like a normal person?" she bit back.

eleanor rolled her eyes and kept writing. 

"can you please sit still, this is hard enough as it is." eleanor complained. "thou just became cow."

"you don't need vows on your hand." izzie said.

"thank you!" eleanor exclaimed.

"no, she doesn't need them on paper either, elle." izzie shook her head. "when you get up there just speak from the heart."

"cristina doesn't speak from hearts, she operates on them, iz." eleanor informed her, as if it were obvious. truthfully, eleanor actually agreed with izzie, but she also knew cristina far too well.

"exactly. the heart is an organ. it pumps, circulates blood, gets clogged from time to time. it does not, however, speak. it doesn't have tiny little lips on it."

"you're both all 'glass totally empty'" izzie commented.

"i'm going to like being married. it's the wedding part that's ridiculous." cristina defended.

suddenly--of course--all of their pagers went off. just like that, "the party's over" izzie said.

"oh, damn." callie groaned. 

"hey, mine didn't go off. piece of crap."

・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆ 。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆

the day of the wedding was hectic. all sorts of things were going wrong, or at least going weird. the chief's wife, adele, had a miscarriage. the potential birth mom of the twins joe and his boyfriend were looking to adopt needed emergency heart surgery. the fourth climber was not only found, but found with an axe in his head, an axe that had been placed there intentionally. most importantly, though, was that cristina's eyebrows were shaved off and she was actually getting walking down that aisle.