014. she won't go away

"she won't go away"
by faye webster

" so maybe next year
things will go according to plan
maybe, who knows, she could leave town
but she won't go away
it's you, hiding in limelight
it's you, no one really likes
it's you, happy all the time
it's you
how do i forget that she's around?
is there a trick?
middle ground, be okay with it
'cause she won't go away "

。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆ 。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆

"let it be"
season 2, episode 8

。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆ 。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆

eleanor wasn't religious, but every day she woke up and prayed addison would change her mind and leave seattle.

the more she thought about that argument she had with addison in the nicu, the more things came together in her mind. why mark never showed and why addison was so persistent in asking what had happened to her.

she already knew.

it all made sense.

mark declined the call because he was with addison.

he listened to the voicemail and told her what had happened.

he realized he had an out. addison could deal with it, it wouldn't be his problem.

addison invited her over for dinner that night and sat her down.

she had spilled her guts to addison, and she already knew what had happened.

eleanor hated that.

what she hated even more than addison knowing before she was ready to tell her was that addison kept sleeping with mark after and didn't even push him to reach out to her.

how could she let him get away with it? not a single message, call, or comforting hug.

in her eyes, it was unforgivable.

so she prayed that she would leave.

especially because addison was requesting her on her service every chance she got.

eleanor couldn't think of anything worse.

okay, she could definitely think of worse things.

but that was so not the point.

。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆ 。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆

"savvy and weiss are in town." derek told eleanor as they walked side by side.

"really? where?" eleanor asked excitedly.

"here. in the hospital." he answered, not so excitedly.

"oh, why?" she asked concerned.

"catherine, savvy's mom died. ovarian cancer. savvy has the gene and she wants to take some pretty drastic measures." he informed.

"like?" eleanor asked.

"like a double mastectomy, hysterectomy, and oophorectomy." 

"holy shit." eleanor said shocked.

"that's what i'm saying. weiss and i think it's crazy." he said.

"well wait a minute, just because i said holy shit doesn't mean i don't think she should do it. i mean yeah, it's really drastic and that's going to be one hell of a recovery but at the end of the day it's her body and her choice. i mean shit, if i knew i had the gene i'd probably do it too." she argued.