029. funeral

"funeral"
pheobe bridgers

" and i have this dream where i'm screaming underwater
while my friends are waving from the shore
and i don't need you to tell me what that means
i don't believe in that stuff anymore
jesus christ, i'm so blue all the time
and that's just how i feel
always have and i always will
i always have and always will
...
and last night, i blacked out in my car
and i woke up in my childhood bed
wishing i was someone else, feeling sorry for myself
when i remembered someone's kid is dead
...
and it's 4 a..m. again
and i'm doing nothing
again "

。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆ 。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆

season 3, episodes 12
six days pt. 2

。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆ 。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆

"how am i related to that man?" meredith asked as her, cristina, izzie, and eleanor watched thatcher from afar.

"what do you mean?" cristina asked.

"look at him. he's a mess." 

"yeah..." izzie spoke, waiting for meredith to continue.

"i mean, he's a disaster. a stammering, mumbling, clumsy disaster with whom i have absolutely nothing in common with. not one thing." meredith said.

eleanor, izzie, and cristina all looked to one another with raised eyebrows.

"i hate to break this to you..." izzie chuckled.

"what?" meredith asked, seemingly offended or genuinely confused, eleanor couldn't tell which.

"well, you know, you do your own share of stammering yourself." cristina told her.

"yeah, that nervous talking thing you do, it's actually a lot like him." izzie added.

"yeah, and i mean, you look just like him, mer, like seriously, just like him." eleanor commented. "and you know, plus the messy thing."

"mmm." cristina hummed.

"totally." izzie nodded.

"you're the messy one." meredith said to cristina.

"no, no, no. my apartment's messy. my locker is messy. but i am not messy." cristina told her. "sometimes you have, like, food and stuff in your hair.

"yeah, food." izzie acknowledged. "bandaids on your face. i can still kinda see that indentation from the nose strip you were wearing last night."

"oh, my god, yeah, i see it." eleanor nodded as the three of them inspected meredith's face. 

"you are in a relationship with no words." she said to cristina. "and you are a millionaire with 20-dollar shoes." she told izzie next.

"and you, i don't know what's going on with you because you don't tell us anything anymore which is reason enough for me to know you're in no position to judge." meredith told eleanor.

"okay, that's fair." she shrugged.

。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆ 。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆