023. grace

"grace"
by jeff buckley

" there's the moon asking me to stay
long enough for the clouds to fly me away
oh, it's my time coming, i'm not afraid
afraid to die
my fading voice sings of love
but she cries to the clicking of time
of time
...
and she weeps on my arm
walking to the bright lights in sorrow
oh drink a bit of wine we both might go tomorrow
oh my love
and the rain in falling and i believe
my time has come
it reminds me of the pain i might leave
leave behind
...
and i feel them drown my name
so easy to know and forget with this kiss
i'm not afraid to go but it goes so slow
ohh-whoa
wade in the fire
wade in the fire "

。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆ 。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆

season 2, episodes 25-26
17 seconds & deterioration of the fight or flight response

。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆ 。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆

"he's picturing my face. he's totally picturing that dart puncturing my skull." cristina said as she watched burke play darts across the room. "oh, look at that." she mocked.

eleanor watched as he brother stared angrily over at meredith. "derek--derek is picturing you." eleanor said to meredith. "not that he should, he's an ass and i'm sorry." she sighed.

"he called me a whore. he lost the right to picture me." meredith said.

"so i fall asleep during sex--so what?" cristina asked. "ass!" 

"ass!" meredith added.

just in time, alex walked over. "oh, look, another ass." eleanor scoffed, getting up and walking away. "I'll see you guys later." she told meredith and cristina, raising an eyebrow.

"seriously? you're just gonna walk away every time i show up?" alex asked.

"hmm..." she hummed. "yeah, actually, i am." she smirked sarcastically. 

。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆ 。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆

eleanor had been busy doing sutures in the pit all day. some guy went nuts and shot up a restaurant. eleanor couldn't believe people who did things like that--taking their own pain out on innocent people? 

she also couldn't believe the guy in the e.r. who barely got hurt that wouldn't shut the hell up, maybe it was bad to think, but she couldn't help but wish that the shooter had gotten him and left everyone else alone. she didn't think he deserved to die, but maybe a gunshot wound would get him to shut the hell up.

she had gotten lucky today because alex was out of the hospital so she didn't have to see him in passing all day. but on the other side of that coin, alex was finally off addison's service and therefore, happy. she actually kind of enjoyed seeing her two least favorite people stuck together uncomfortably.