Time off again

Spencer

Once Strauss leaves his office I grab all of the files that everyone has and bring them to him and just set them in one of the chairs in his office. "Hotch?"

"Reid can you shut the door?" Hotch asks and I nod. I walk back over to the door and shut it. I then walk over to him and sit next to him on the couch. I debate hugging him but decide to do so. He leans into me and hugs me.

"What's going on?"

"She's requesting that I take time off again, but if I'm being honest I can't do it." He says.

"Why not?" 

"She ordered me to take time off and I can't stand to be at home alone again. Last time I nearly drank myself to death. I know damn well that I will do that if I stay home like that again." He says.

"What do you want me to do?" 

"What?" He asks.

"I agree that you need time off, and so will the rest of the team. Anderson should be getting time off as well. If you need me to I can see if I can stay with you during this time, or see if he will stay with you if it will help." 

"Spencer....." He trails off and I rub his back.

"Do you want me to stay with you?" He stays quiet for a bit and I just continue to rub his back. 

"Please?" He asks. 

"Of course." We stay there like that for a while longer and eventually we both stand up and I wipe a stray tear off his face and place a kiss of his cheek before walking out of his office and going to talk with Strauss about having me stay with him during his time off. 

When I get to her door I see her sitting at the table in there and knock on the door. She looks up and waves me in. "What can I help you with Doctor Reid?" Strauss asks.

"Ma'am I would like to request time off with SSA Agent Hotchner. Due to how he was the last time he had mandatory time off, I fell that he may put his health in serious risk if he hits too low of a depressive sate." 

"Is he aware that you are wanting to do this?" She asks.

"Yes. While I was talking to him when I brought he teams files into his office he asked to not be alone during this time, knowing that he could risk his health if he were to be. I offered to see if I could stay with him and he agreed."

"Then I see no reason why you can't stay with him. Just let me know when he's well enough to come back. I want him 100% or as close as he can get to being that way, before he comes back." She says.

"Of course ma'am. Thank you." She nods and I walk out of her office and go back to Hotch's office. I knock and the door opens. "She's okay with it and whenever you're ready to go we can leave." 

"Alright, thank you. Could you tell Gideon that he will be taking back over, and that if he doesn't want to he can teach Morgan and have him take over?" Hotch asks and I nod. 

I turn and walk to Dad's office as the door shuts and I open the door. I shut it and Dad looks up at me. "Spencer?" Dad asks.

"Hotch says that he's going to leave you in charge while he's gone. If you don't want to then you can teach Morgan and let him take over. I'm going to be staying with him during his mandatory leave so that he doesn't do anything to risk his health anymore. considering how things turned out last time he was alone." 

"Alright. Just let Papa, Penelope, or I know if you need anything." He says and I nod. I walk out of his office and go back to my desk to read. The others don't even ask at this point and I glance over at Hotch's office from time to time. When the door opens and he walks out carrying his bag and the bag of Jack's things, I grab my bag and meet him at the elevator.