Checking in on you

Aaron

As the work day comes to an end, without another case I look out of my office to see Garcia walking towards my door before knocking. "Come in." The door opens and she walks in before shutting the door behind herself.

"Sir." Garcia asks and I motion for her to sit down.

"What's going on Garcia?"

"Are you and Spencer going to come over to join Rossi and Gideon for dinner?" She asks and I nod.

"That was the plan."

"Great!" She says and walks out of my office. I chuckle a bit to myself before finishing up what paperwork I still have on my desk. Looking out of my office I see Emily and JJ talking and they both seem to have lightened up from how they were in the morning.

I turn back to work on the last report that I have to do, and the next thing I know it's taken off my desk. I look up and see Spencer standing there with the report in his hand and reading over it. "Aaron, come join us all for lunch." Spencer says and sets it back on my desk.

"Let me finish the report and I'll be there as soon as I can."

"Up." He says and pulls me out of my chair.

"Spencer, I have to get this into Strauss."

"You can do that after lunch. Now come on, you didn't eat anything for breakfast this morning." He says and I follow him out of my office. When we get out of the office and to the place Dave decided to have us go to lunch I start to see exactly why we came here of all places.

"Dave."

"Yes Aaron?" Dave asks and looks at me confused.

"What are we doing here?"

"We missed your birthday. So we're taking you out to lunch today in order to make it up to you." He says and I sigh.

"You don't have too. I'm just fine with you all missing it."

"We know Hotch. The problem is that you try your hardest to make sure we celebrate our birthdays, but ignore your own." JJ says and I nod.

{After Lunch}

When lunch is over and we get back to work, I have Spencer follow me into my office and shut the door behind him, along with shutting the blinds. "Did you know?"

"Not entirely. I knew he wanted you to join us for lunch, but I didn't know it was to celebrate your birthday." Spencer says and I feel the on set of the Anxiety Attack that I was holding in starting to slip and I can't force myself to try and keep it together anymore.

"Not here, damn it!"

"Aaron, look at me. Come on, look at me." He says and leads me over to the couch. We sit there and he sits close to me, but still far enough away to give me space. "Aaron you have got to breath." He says.

I take try my best to get my breathing back under control and finally manage to do so. We both sit there for a while and he rubs his hand along my back to try and help me. "Spencer."

"Ya?" He asks and I turn and hug him.

"Thank you."

"Of course." He says and we continue to sit there like that for a while, until I hear a knock at the door. I go to move away but Spencer continues to hold onto me, and the knock at the door continues.

"Spencer I have to get the door."

"Are you going to be okay?" He asks and I nod. "Say it out loud Aaron." He says and I sigh.