33

"wilbur, can I ask you something?" y/n sat next to wilbur on the sofa. "yeah, go ahead sweetie." wilbur replied. "um, if the baby's a girl, can we call her vanessa? after my sister? because she's done so much for me, it would make me really happy." y/n asked. wilbur smiled, "of course we can." he kissed her cheek. "thank you, that means so much to me. she'll be really happy too." y/n hugged wilbur. "I have a doctors appointment tomorrow, I'm getting an ultrasound, that's all." she smiled. "okay, awesome. I'll be there of course." wilbur kissed her cheek.

the next day, y/n and wilbur went to the doctors. the doctor had been in the room briefly to make sure y/n was comfortable, but then left to do something. the two waited patiently for the doctor to come back in. when she entered the room again, she sat at her desk. "hi dr. nelson." y/n smiled. "hi, y/n. so, everything looks good." she stood up. "this here is your uterus," she pointed at the screen. "and there, is your baby." y/n gasped and looked at wilbur. "will, honey, look. that's our baby. look!" she pulled on his arm excitedly. wilbur smiled. "I can't believe it." he exclaimed. he kissed her forehead.

when they left the doctors, they were given a sonogram picture of the baby. "I still can't believe that's our baby." y/n smiled. wilbur put his arm around her. "I know, me either." he replied. "wait, sweetie, how far along are you? you didn't tell me." wilbur asked. "oh, uh, I think about 5 weeks, so a month and 1 week." she answered. "wasn't that the same time we got engaged?... oh!" wilbur gasped. y/n laughed, "yes," she held his hand. when they got home, they sat on the sofa. y/n looked at him and kissed him. he kissed her back and moved his arms around her. the kiss was slow and passionate, and somewhat different to any of their others. in a good way.