༺𝐸𝐿𝐸𝒱𝐸𝒩༻

•GOODBYES•

•GOODBYES•

It was nearing six in the morning when Dean pulled up to Sam's apartment building, putting the Impala in park not far from the entrance.

Katie climbed out, seeming to mimic Sam's actions so she could take his place and sit shotgun. However, before she got back in the car she stopped to envelope Sam in a embrace. She hugged him tight, cherishing the brief moment—one that's become rare as of late. His absence seemed to affect her similar to Dean.

"Bye, Katie," Sam told her, patting her back in an affectionate gesture before he released her small frame, but not before giving her one final squeeze.

"Call more," she instructed him, jutting a finger out towards him as if it would entice him to make the decision. If anything, she threatened it considering the tipping tone she used. "We miss you, you know," she admitted, contradicting her previous tone. None the less, it didn't stop her from sending a soft smile his way before she climbed into the car and took the open spot beside Dean.

However, when she pulled the door shut and looked up at Sam she noticed a strange feeling began to twist uncomfortably in the midst of her chest. Her brows furrowed while it continued to steadily creep its way into the caverns beneath her ribs, spreading down until it lingered in her stomach making her feel ill. It seemed to settle over her entire being—coming off and resembling some kind of twisted, nervous tinge. One that was mixed with a eerie sense of dread. To say the least, it was uncomfortable, and definitely a feeling she's never felt before.