༺𝒮𝐼𝒳𝒯𝐸𝐸𝒩༻

•ALL-STAR•

•ALL-STAR•

Katie woke up the next morning back in bed which confused her. She tried to recall how she got back to it, but she was unable. The last thing she remembered before passing out, was racing to the bathroom after she saw whoever or whatever stood at the foot of her bed—if it was even real.

She raked a hand through her hair as she glanced to the end of the bed—better illuminated now due to the rising sun. The spot was empty, but that didn't stop her from trying to distinguish if what she saw was really real.

In a meek attempt to make herself feel better she tried to convince her nagging thoughts that it was her drunk mind playing tricks on her. However, the only problem with her strategy at dismissing it as a 'hallucination' was the nightmare . . . she clearly remembered it—as vivid as ever—and that left her even more perplexed.

The two didn't seem like a coincidence . . .

Since she's had somewhat constant, recurring nightmares that pertained to her dad—her worry for him only increased. She tried her best to shrug off the strange events in the dreams as her mind's way of venting her concern for her missing father since she refused to let it show much in front of Dean or Sam. It made her feel weak to show that kind of venerability, and that's something she refused to be—weak. There's no room for weakness when you're a hunter . . .

Her mind wandered for a few minutes, and she recalled her time at the bar. She couldn't help but shake her head when she vaguely remembered the things she said to Dean. It was no secret she could be a bitch when she gets the right amount of liquor in her.

She huffed, ignoring the scratchy sheets that irritated her skin before she shoved them away and flipped onto her side. A small smile graced her lips at the sight of a bottled water and aspirin on the table beside her. Without thinking twice, she eagerly grabbed the water and the couple of tablets in an effort to calm her aching head.

After she gulped down more than half the water, she glanced around the room but found it empty. She noticed how the bed across from her, and the spot next to her were unmade and clearly slept in. Clearly the brothers had been here.

Her best guess was that Sam and Dean must have gone out to get breakfast. After last night, the thought of food made Katie cringe. She was glad they didn't wake her.

While they were gone she forced herself out of bed. She managed to take a shower, call her dad to leave another worried voicemail, all the while mildly easing her pounding head. She'd just hung up the phone when she heard the tumblers in the door turn as it unlocked, Sam and Dean strolling in not long after.

"She lives," Dean teased, his gaze darting away from the empty bed to settle on Katie who sat at the small table.

She chuckled dryly. "Yeah, yeah—don't patronize me. I can practically hear my liver screaming at me," she muttered, cradling her mildly pounding head in her hands—still feeling shitty at best. However, that didn't stop her gaze from darting over to Sam when he cleared his throat.

"Dean and I were talking, Katie . . . it's okay if you sit this one out," Sam told her, relaying the talked about information while he handed her a cup of coffee.

Katie didn't have to question the terrible hangover she felt—it was vicious. Her stomach still ached with nausea. Her head pounded—the bright light from the window didn't help. Then there was the light sheen of sweat which managed to seep from her pores displaying just how hungover she was. Even her breath still emanated the faint smell of liquor despite the copious amounts of times she's brushed her teeth. She was a hot mess.

However, she shook her head, a little too quickly, which caused the ache to increase. "No. I'm going. John left those coordinates for a reason, and if it helps us find him and my dad there's no way in hell I'm staying here. You're not benching me," she told them, standing from her chair. She ignored the dizziness that washed over her while she made her war to her bag. "Besides, I'm the all-star," she joked, winking weakly at them.

Dean laughed, eyeing her every move. "You wish," he teased, sparing a look towards his brother. "Told you she'd be stubborn, Sammy," he stated with a smirk before he grabbed his bag from under the bed, following Katie's actions.

Sam sighed, obviously defeated. "Okay, well—I guess we're all going," he said with a curt nod.

"Hell yeah," Katie said, slinging her bag over her shoulders as she prepared to head towards the car.