༺𝒯𝒲𝐸𝒩𝒯𝒴-𝒪𝒩𝐸༻

•INCONSPICUOUS•

•INCONSPICUOUS•

A cool breeze blew, coating the night air with a chill forcing Katie to shiver—despite the leather jacket she wore she was still cold. Perhaps it was also because she refused to sit by the fire, solely to stay out of Hailey's vicinity. She was petty like that, she supposed . . .

After she had finished drawing the symbols with Sam and Dean, night had completely fallen. The only light came from the small fire a short ways off in the midst of camp.

However instead of warming herself by the flames she found Sam and sat down next to him—the same log the two occupied earlier. They didn't talk much, just sat in comfortable silence. That is, until Katie spotted Dean as he stumbled his way over and sat down next to her.

"You want to tell me what's going on in that freaky head of yours?" Dean was quick to voice his concerns now that they had a moment to themselves—away from any prying ears. He leaned forward as he settled in beside Katie, awaiting her response.

"Dean—" Sam warned him, already knowing the conversation would stir unpleasant reactions.

"No!" He argued with his brother before glancing back toward Katie. "Dammit Kat, what's up with you. It's obvious you're not fine. You're like a powder keg. What was that?" he asked, referring to her argument with Roy. "Then there was last night. That's not like you. I'm supposed to be the belligerent one, remember."