༺𝒯𝐻𝐼𝑅𝒯𝐸𝐸𝒩༻

•DEJA VU•

•DEJA VU•

"So, Blackwater ridge is pretty remote," Sam informed us as we made our way around the stuffy ranger station. "It's cut off by these canyons here—rough terrain, dense forest, abandoned silver and gold mines all over the place," he informed, continuing on while pointing out thing while he and Katie looked at a map laid out on a table. That is, before Dean interrupted them—clearly not hearing a word Sam said.

"—Dude, check out the size of this friggin' bear," he rambled, pointing to a dusty picture that was hung on the wall. A lopsided grin graced his face when he turned to face the two, jutting his thumb in the frames direction.

Katie and Sam wandered over, entertaining Deans distraction. Katie was the first to react. She let out a breathy laugh as she shook her head, eyes widening a bit in awe. "Holy shit—" she muttered, staring at the picture where a man stood behind the gigantic bear he obviously just killed. Big was an understatement for describing the animal.

"And there are a dozen or more grizzlies in the area," Sam muttered, informing the two. "It's no nature hike, that's for sure."

Katie pursed her lips. "Sounds fun," she muttered, sounding anything but excited.

"You kids aren't planning to go out near Blackwater ridge, by any chance?" Someone said from behind, catching the three off guard.

"Oh—no sir," Sam answered, shaking his head. "We're environmental-study majors from U.C. Boulder—just working on a paper," he lied easily.