༺𝐹𝒪𝒰𝑅༻

•WORRY•

•WORRY•

"I mean—come on—you two can't just break in, in the middle of the night, and expect me to hit the road with you," Sam yelled quietly so he wouldn't wake his neighbors.

Katie huffed as she led the way down the steps to leave the building, hoping to achieve some sense of privacy as they discussed the matter at hand.

"You're not hearing us, Sammy. Dad and Daniel are missing. We need your help to find them," Dean reasoned rationally.

"You remember the poltergeist in Amherst or the Devil's gates in Clifton? They were missing then, also. They're always missing, and they're always fine," Sam fired back, hoping to make a point.

After that, Katie couldn't hold her tongue any longer. Once they reached the bottom of the steps, she stopped and swiftly turned on her heels to face the brothers. She turned toward Sam with a certain determination spread across her features. She looked up at him, trying to compose herself before she spoke. "Sam—I know my Dad," she said carefully. "He calls me every week. I haven't heard from him in three—it's not like him. Something's wrong," she told him, hoping he'd understand the severity of the situation.

"They've never been missing this long," Dean added and turned to face his brother. "Now are you gonna come with us, or not?"

"I'm not," he said simply, shrugging his shoulders and shaking his head causing the two beside him to visibly deflate.