Chapter Twenty Six.

Nada's mouth opened slightly as her eyebrows furrowed in confusion. She stared at the father and son duo longer than she realised.

'Won't you let us in?' Adam broke the silence.

Not if it was up to me.

She nodded slowly and moved out the way to let Adam and his dad enter the apartment.

Adam smirked at the confused girl before walking inside the living room.

'Adam!' Nada's dad greeted him, his arms open as he welcomed Adam for a hug.

Adam returned the hug, smiling at the older man. Nada slowly walked back to her parents and sat down on the couch.

'It's been way too long, son!' Nada's dad offered Adam to take a seat, which he gladly accepted and quickly sat down next to Nada.

The girl moved away to create space between her and Adam, who kept glancing at her.

Where are you, Minho?

Adam's dad hugged his old friend, and they both sat down, facing their children.

'Nada, dear, you have grown so much!' Adam's dad initiated the conversation with her, to which Nada awkwardly smiled. 'I've heard all about your successes as a lawyer at quite a young age!'

Nada murmured a small 'thank you,' before fidgeting with her fingers.

'She's still as shy, eh, Salim?' Adam's dad commented after noticing Nada's hesitation.

'Ah, you know how she was as a child.' Salim chuckled in reply. 'Tell me how you've been, Adam.'

Adam looked up at Nada's parents. 'I am doing well, thanks to your daughter; she takes good care of me.'

Nada glanced at the boy as she mentally punched him.

Salim glanced at his daughter before replying. 'Glad to hear that.'

Nada needed to message Minho, but not in front of her parents. She thought of a way to excuse herself before speaking. 'I will get drinks for everyone.'

Nada hurriedly got up from the sofa and headed towards the kitchen. She brought out the phone from her pocket and began typing a message to Minho.

Before she could finish typing, Adam grabbed the phone from her hands, to which Nada flinched as a reaction.

She looked up at Adam, who was holding her phone. 'Give that back, Adam.'

She tried to take her phone back, but Adam raised it higher, making it out of her reach.

Nada sighed in frustration, which multiplied when Adam erased her message.

'Adam, what do you think you're doing?' Nada glared at the boy, who smirked in victory. 'Give it back.'

Nada tried to grab her phone from his hands again, but Adam moved it away before she could reach it.

'I am making sure no one disturbs us.' He placed her phone in his pocket.

Nada scoffed at his comment. 'There's no us, Adam.'

She looked him in the eye.

'There never was an us, and there never will be.'

He rubbed his temples in frustration before clenching his jaw.

'Do you think I will let you and Minho be?'

Nada realised the sudden change of tone in his voice and looked at him, finding his expression cold.

'I was in your life before Minho.' He neared closer to her. 'And I will be here even after him.'

As he strode away from her, his footsteps became softer before completely fading away from her ears.

She placed her face in her hands before letting quiet sobs escape her.

Nada could sense her mother's presence but could not muster the courage to look at her.

'Nada?'

Nada removed her hands from her face before hugging her mother tightly.

She rubbed her daughter's back gently, hoping to console her.

'Hey, what's wrong?'

Nada wanted to tell her everything.

'What did Adam say?'

'It's just...' Nada felt her body getting hot and cold simultaneously as her arms trembled.

'Nothing.'

I'm sorry I lied.

'He just said he was happy to see us.' Nada faked a smile in front of her mother, face filled with concern.

'But, why are you crying?' Her mum tried to find out.

'Just work.'

Her mother wiped away some of the tears she had shed.

'Don't worry, honey. Don't worry. It'll be okay.'

She hugged her daughter for the longest time before Nada pulled away.

'Did you get the drinks?'

'I forgot!' Nada confessed and hurried towards the fridge. 'I'll get them, you go ahead.'

'Alright, dear.' Her mother laughed before walking out of the kitchen, leaving Nada by herself.

Nada took a breath and slowly walked over to the living room.