Chapter Nine.

Following her best friend's advice, she came out of the bathroom after taking a shower and changed into a new pair of pyjamas. 'All clean.'

'Nada, I am hungry,' Jisung called out from downstairs. 'Why can't my eyes see a cheesecake?' She chuckled at his whining. After arriving downstairs, she encountered a pouty Jisung.

'Why is your fridge empty? What am I going to eat?' She ruffles his hair and walks past him.

'Relax; I will make you something.' He follows her in the kitchen.

'But you have nothing in your fridge!' She acknowledges his point after opening it. It wasn't like the fridge didn't have anything; just nothing she could use to whip up a dish. 'Wanna order in?' she asks the boy after turning around with a smile. 'Sure, let's order pizza and cheesecake. You owe me one anyway.' She laughs at his eagerness and grabs the phone.

                                              ☾

They're both sat with empty pizza boxes placed on the table, alongside half-empty cans of fizzy drinks. The boy burps out loud, catching her attention. 'Ew, Ji,' she makes a displeased face at him. He laughs and picks up the cheesecake box, which was untouched until now. After taking a bite, his cheeks bloated almost as if he stored food in them. The girl found this extremely adorable, hence, took a picture of his chubby cheeks. 'New wallpaper.' Jisung remained unaffected by her actions and continued eating.

                                              ☾

The next day, Nada woke up early due to the hearing of the Williams' house case. She knew that today would be her last day on this case. This was as easy as it would get. She was also aware that she would be starting the debt case as soon as this one is completed, and that caused her to become worried. But she brushed that thought aside and focused on getting ready.

She wore formal clothes which consisted of black trousers, a white shirt and a long black blazer. Her hair was side-parted, and she wore light makeup.

After putting on her shoes, she went to check up on Jisung only to find him fast asleep, with his mouth a little open. She smiled at him and placed a note next to his bedside, that read: 'Going to work, don't know when I will be coming home. If you get hungry, just order something or ask Minho for some. He's a great cook. PS. feed Chief. Love you'

She pressed her lips together to stifle a laugh. She loved teasing him. With that, she went out of his room, tip-toeing, so the noise doesn't wake him up.

Grabbing her car keys and her case files, she left the apartment. Heading towards her car, which was now fixed, she sat in it. She took a deep breath and began driving. The drive didn't take long as the court was nearby her residence. She got out of her vehicle and proceeded inside.

It was now ten in the morning, which meant she still had two hours before the hearing. Nada walked to an office inside the court and placed her stuff on the table. She takes out the leases that she brought with her and has a read. Just like that, she gets carried away working and time swiftly passes by. Now, it's midday, and she leaves the office to meet her client.

Mrs Williams sees the girl and gives her a quick hug, and they head to the room where the hearing will be held.

'Are you ready, Mrs Williams?' the girl asked.

'Yeah, ready to get it over and done with,' the woman replied.

'Don't worry,' Nada smiles at her. 'Consider it done.'

They were both sat in a room which had a long table in the middle of it with chairs on both sides and one on either end. Alongside the seating arrangement, paintings also hung on its walls. The room was painted a white colour which made it look more spacious than it actually was.

A short while after, the judge enters and the representative of the construction company soon followed.

'He's the boss of the vile company that's after my house,' Mrs Williams whispered in Nada's ear after a middle-aged man walked alongside the representative.

The representative and the middle-aged man sat across the ladies while the judge sat on the chair that was placed on one end of the table.

'This is the case hearing of Mrs. Kesha Williams, who has filed a case against the Civil Constructions. Do you have a representative for you, Mrs. Kesha?' the judge began.

'Yes, Your Honour. I, Nada Tessani, will be representing Mrs. Kesha Williams today,' Nada spoke on behalf of the woman.

'Very well, please go ahead.'

'The Civil Constructions unlawfully want to demolish Mrs Williams' house despite her having the ownership of the house,' Nada defended.

'Do you have any evidence for this, Miss Tessani?' the judge inquired.

'Yes, your honour, we do,' Nada spoke. 'The evidence is the purchase of the house; however, since it is not in the best condition, we also have the leases' of the house.' Nada gives the evidence to the judge who was now looking at them. Some moments pass in silence before the judge finally speaks up.

'Mm, well, according to the submission of the leases, the construction will not be going ahead,' the judge declared. 'Does the defendant have anything to contribute?'

The men sat on the other side shook their heads as they did not have anything to back themselves up with. Their attendance in the court meant that they agree with the decision made.

'In that case, the court rules out the Civil Constructions plea to build a shopping centre in the location of Mrs Williams' house. Case dismissed.' The judge got up from her seat and left the room. Soon after the prosecution and the middle-aged man also dismissed themselves.

'Wait, that's it?' the woman asked with childlike curiosity.

'Yep, I told you, Mrs Williams, this case is as good as done,' Nada reaffirmed.

'Thank you so much, dear!' the woman rejoiced and engulfed Nada in an embrace.

Nada appreciated the woman's act of gratitude, after which Mrs. Williams left the courtroom.

Nada took this as an indication to submerge herself in the next case; perfectly describing the life of a lawyer. But before she began, she decided to grab some lunch. However, before she could do that, she received a call.

'Hello?' she answered.

'Hey,' the voice replied. 'Where are you?'

'I am in the court for Mrs Williams' hearing,' she stated. 'Why do you ask, Minho?'

'I was wondering if you wanted to have lunch with me?' the boy inquired.

Nada thought for a moment before replying. 'Of course.'

'Great, message me your location,' the boy celebrated. 'It's a date.' And, with that, he ended the call.

A wide smile spread across her face, which made her thankful that he couldn't see her.

                                             ☾

She stood outside the court, waiting for Minho after messaging him her address.

She hugged her arms as it was chilly today, and her long hair was at the mercy of the wind.

She saw a car in the distance and instantly recognised it as Minho's, and him stepping out of the vehicle only made it definite.

She smiled warmly at him as he approached her, and the boy returned the smile through his signature gummy smile.

'Ready for our date?' he questioned as he stood in front of her.

'Depends on where you're taking me,' she answered confidently.

He ran a hand through his hair before speaking. 'I know this restaurant nearby that has really good reviews.'

'Shall we?' he offered his hand to her. She thought for a moment, but soon took it, and they both walked, with their fingers intertwined, towards the direction of the restaurant.

She didn't know why she took his hand, but after he offered, she couldn't refuse.