Chapter Eleven.

She came back inside the building and travelled towards her office. Minho's confession kept replaying in her head. As a result, a huge smile spread on her face, which she had to suppress by biting her bottom lip.

Nada's POV
Stop smiling, girl. Or people will think you're crazy.

Little did he know, she had fallen for him too.

She sat at her desk and took out a file from her bag.

'Alright, Miss Rosy,' she began. 'Let's see what I can do for you.'

Nada kept working, and the clock kept ticking away. And, just like that, it was night time. The girl looked at the time and found it to be 11 pm. She gathered her belongings and headed to the exit.

                                               ☾

The moon was in its full-form tonight, shining brightly in the night sky like a lantern. The wind was blowing lightly, and it sent icy chills down her body. She breathed in the fresh air which she was in a desperate need of after a long day of work. After getting into her car, her phone started ringing.

'Hello?' she responded. 'Is everything okay?'

'Where are you, Nada?' Jisung replied. 'It's late.'

'Just finished,' she answered. 'I am about to leave.'

'You haven't left yet?!' the voice exclaimed. 'But, Nada it's very late.'

'I know, but I got carried away,' the girl explained. 'I didn't realise the time. But why are you awake?'

'I am hungry,' he whined. 'Hurry up, please.'

'Why haven't you eaten yet?' she inquired, fidgeting with her earphones. After she untangled them, she attached one to her ear.

'I was waiting for you,' he slowly said.

A smile made its way on her face. She drove her car out from the parking lot and was on her way home.

'Oh, really?' she teasingly asked through the microphone.

'You don't believe me?' he asked her.

'Han Jisung were you really waiting for me or do you need me to cook for you?' she questioned him. 'You know, you could always ask Minho.'

'What? Never!' he exclaimed. 'I would rather starve!'

'Jisung, you're so extra!' The girl broke out in a laugh. 'He really is a sweetheart, give him a chance,' Nada argued.

'Oh, so you're going to defend a stranger instead of your best friend who also happens to be the most handsome!' Jisung yelled. 'I expected better, Nada.'

'Who says he's just a stranger?' she murmured, but he heard her regardless.

'What do you mean by that?' his voice peaked with curiosity.

'Mean by what?' the girl became flustered. 'I don't know what you're talking about.'

'I heard you loud and clear,' Jisung said, catching onto her panicked voice. 'Nada, you like him, don't you?

There was a pause.

'A lot,' was all she could say before a car came out of nowhere. Nada had barely any time to react. She abruptly turned her car away from the oncoming one only to crash into a tree. And then it was all black.

'Nada?' Jisung's voice filled with worry. 'Are you okay?'

No response.

'NADA!'

A while ago

'Luna, how are Soon, Doon and Do?' Minho asked on the phone while standing on the terrace.

The terrace gave an overview of the city which was brought to life by the beaming buildings. The well-lit streets were populated by people who had come out for a night out. The terrace was his favourite place in the whole apartment, which he hadn't shared with anyone; until now.

'We are all fine, Minho,' the voice replied sarcastically. 'Thanks for asking.'

She was Minho's sister, after all. Sarcasm ran in their blood.

'Come on, Luna,' he began. 'You know how much I miss you guys.'

'Did you find a job yet?' Luna asked.

'Not yet' Minho explained. 'But, don't worry; I will have one soon.'

Minho heard murmurs on the phone.

'Was that mum?' he questioned; his eyebrows furrowed in confusion. 'What did she say?'

'She's asking when you're coming back,' the girl said, explaining the murmurs.

'I can't come back already,' he chuckled. 'Tell her maybe in a month or so.'

There was a pause, and then he heard a voice from behind.

'When you do, make sure you come with a girl!' the voice called out.

'You heard her,' his sister said; referring to their mother.

Minho scoffed and shook his head. His mind instantly thought of Nada and her beautiful smile that he couldn't get enough of. As a result, the boy found himself smiling from ear to ear at the thought.

'Don't worry,' he began. 'I will.'

Present

Loud banging startled the boy who was standing in the balcony.

'I will call you back, Luna,' He ended the call.

His footsteps advanced towards the door, and he couldn't help but feel at unease. He quickly opened the door and found a panicked Jisung; his breathing was hitched, and there was worry written all over his face.

'Jisung?' he questioned the pale boy.

'Na- she- car-' he began, but his tongue failed him; he couldn't get any words out.

Minho failed to understand Jisung's half-pronounced words, but he could tell something was wrong.

'Jisung, relax,' the older boy tried to reassure him. 'Take a deep breath and tell me what happened.'

Jisung did as he was told; he took a long and deep breath and closed his eyes. He opened them after a moment and attempted to explain.

'It's Nada,' the boy tried again; this time forming his words coherently.

Minho became anxious upon hearing her name.

'What about her?' he asked, worry evident in his voice.

'She had a car accident,' Jisung finally spat out.

Silence.

'Wh-where? How?' he tried his best to appear calm, but his nerves got the best of him.

'I don't know, one moment I am talking to her on the phone, and the next I hear a loud crash,' Jisung explained.

'Well, where was she when you were talking to her?' Minho attempted to calm the situation.

'She had just left work so she must be close to her workplace.'

After hearing that, Minho quickly grabbed his car keys, and both of them headed towards the court.

The entire ride Jisung kept blaming himself for talking to her on the phone while she was driving, unlike Minho, who didn't utter a single word. His mind was coming up with terrible scenarios. His eyes maintained a sharp focus on the road, and he was driving over the speed limit. But, that didn't matter to him. Not today. He had to get to her.

Minho's POV
Please be okay.