Chapter Six.

'Yes, I want to get to know you more. Now, wait here while I ask for leave.' Minho gives her his usual gummy smile and leaves.

That damn smile! It made her heart flutter.

He comes back all happy and grabs her hand. Her heart starts racing at the contact. 'Let's go.'

They both leave the cafe. 'Where are we going, Minho?' she asks him. 'It's a surprise.'

They both start walking in a direction and reach the apartment complex after fifteen minutes.

'Did you just walk me home?' she asks him. 'You know, Minho, my home is not really a surprise to me.' He laughs and ruffles her hair.

'Silly girl. I am taking you to my flat.'

Her mouth turns into a round shape. 'W-what?'

Minho realises what he just said. 'No! Not in that way,' he quickly replies. 'It's a secret.'

'You're very mysterious,' she tells him.

They both take the lift and reach the designated floor. The building had sixteen stories with narrow corridors in between the flats.

They reach in front of his apartment, and he reaches for his keys in his pocket.

'Wait, Minho!' He stops fiddling and looks at her. 'Can I bring Chief?'

He smiles and nods.

She turns around and goes back to her apartment. She turns the key and opens the door.

'Chief!' she walks up to his room and lifts him. 'Let's go and see what Minho has in store for us.' She shuts the door, making sure it is properly locked and leaves for Minho's flat.

She stands outside his door and knocks. He opens it and steps aside so she can come in. Nada places Chief down, and the cat jumps on his sofa and makes itself comfortable.

'Looks like he likes it here,' Minho walks up behind her.

'Consider yourself lucky,' she replies. 'He's not like this usually.' The kitchen was visible from the living room, and she could see the stuff placed on the kitchen island.

'Minho, what is all this?' she queries.

'You ask a lot of questions!'

'I am a lawyer, you know.'

'Touché.'

He grabs her shoulders and guides her towards the kitchen. She tenses up upon his touch.

'Do you remember when you gave me the spaghetti you made?' he asks her. How could she forget that? It was the day they both met. 'Of course, I do,' she answers him. 'Well, today I am going to show you how to make the best spaghetti!' She scoffs and hits his shoulder playfully. 'I should've just let you starve that day!' He giggles, brightening the entire apartment.

He picks up a pan and adds water and places it on the stove to boil. After the water starts bubbling, he adds the spaghetti. Nada looks at him calmly doing his work; this was perfect for her. He furrowed his eyebrows to focus on the quantity of salt he was adding. He then grabs a spatula to mix the pan. It had adapted a noodle-like texture which meant it was ready. He carefully drains the water without wasting any pasta. He then moves onto making the meatballs.

'You cook with a lot of focus,' Nada, who had been watching the whole time, says. He stops what he's doing and turns to look at her. 'My mum says cooking demands attention, as it is a work of art,' he says while a warm smile spreads across his face. 'You miss her?' she asks. He nods. 'I know it's only been a few weeks since I moved here, but I miss my family.' 'Me too, and it doesn't get any easier. You just get stronger,' she adds.