Chapter Seventeen.

Nada slowly opened her eyes, and as a result, the room started to become visible. She got up and rested her head against the headrest. She reached out for her phone on the bedside table; 9 am.

'Shit! I am late!'

She pushes the blanket aside and jumps out of her bed. Her feet touch the cold ground, and she leaps into the bathroom.

A little while later, she comes out from the bathroom; all dressed for work and quickly heads downstairs. Upon arrival, she finds Jisung in the kitchen, making breakfast.

'Jisung, why didn't you wake me up?' she says while opening the fridge and taking out a bottle of water.

'Huh? You were sleeping so soundly that I didn't want to disturb you,' he states while making a piece of toast for himself.

'I appreciate that; but, I can't be late for work.' She opens the bottle and chugs the water down.

Jisung grabs the toast and spreads Nutella on top of it. 'Want one?'

'No, I am very late, so no breakfast for me today.' She quickly puts the bottle in her bag and grabs her car keys. 'Feed Cheify for me.' She yells as she heads out the door. Jisung nods as he takes another bite from his toast.

After reaching her workplace, she heads inside the building and paces towards her office. She enters the office and prepares for the day ahead. Not long after, the office telephone rings, and she picks it up. 'Hello?'

'Ma'am, Miss Rosy is here, and she would like to meet you. Should I send her to your office?' the voice responds.

'Yes, please,' she answers and cuts the call.

As expected, Miss Rosy knocks on her door after a few minutes.

'Please, come in and have a seat,' Nada beckons the woman, and she does as she's told. 'So, how can I help you today?'

'Erm, Nada, I wanted to ask you how the case is coming along' the woman manages to speak out. Nada smiles before answering. 'You have every right to know. So far, I am preparing for the first hearing that is coming up.'

The woman hesitated before speaking, and Nada took note of it. 'Miss Rosy, please share with me whatever's on your mind.'

'Nada, it's just I was wondering how many hearings this is going to take.'

'Miss Rosy, I won't hide anything from you. This case is unlike my everyday cases; it's going to require some time and elbow grease.'

The woman's expression dropped upon hearing Nada's words, and she became fidgety.

'Nada, I am really grateful to you for taking this case. I really am. But; I can't take it anymore. I have been dealing with these monsters for a long time now. And, they're really starting to get to me. I wake up and go to sleep with their calls. I fear for my family and the house in which we live. I have two young children, and I can't let them see me like this. Please, do something that rids me from this forever. Please, Nada, please.'

Miss Rosy broke down in sobs, and Nada quickly leapt to her side.

'Miss Rosy, don't worry, I am working on it. We will see the results soon. Have hope,' she assured the woman.

The woman wiped her tears and gave Nada a nod.

'I have a few questions for the case, Miss Rosy.'

'Please, Nada. I am all ears.'

'So, I wanted to ask the reason for borrowing the money,' she asks the woman while setting up her laptop for work.

'I needed the money for my son's operation.'