Chapter Twenty Seven.

A/N: I hope it was worth the wait ;)

Nada walked to the living room with the drinks and placed them on the table.

'Ah, here she is!' Nada's father spoke.

She smiled at her father before taking a seat. 'Is everything okay?'

'There is something we want to tell you, dear.' Adam's dad looked at Nada, who wasn't sure what to expect.

She looked at her mother before smiling awkwardly. 'I hope everything is fine.'

'It's better than fine, Nada.' Adam spoke while taking a sip from his drink.

Nada shot him a plain look.

Not if it involves you.

'Well, dear.' Adam's dad began. 'You and Adam have known each other for a long time.'

Wait, this doesn't sound like it will end nicely.

'And?' Nada had a sinking feeling in her stomach. She began fidgeting with her fingers while avoiding eye contact with Adam, who refused to look away from her.

Oh, how she wished Minho was here! Then, she wouldn't have to sit through this.

'So, we were thinking about taking the next step.'

Please, please, please don't be what I am thinking.

'The next step?' Nada's head was spinning. 'I am sorry, I don't think I understand where you're coming from.'

'Nada.' Her father spoke calmly. 'He's talking about you and Adam getting married.'

Nada stopped fidgeting with her fingers. The sinking feeling finally turned into shock as a million thoughts raced inside her head. And the worst thing was that she could feel Adam smirking at her.

'Nada?' Her mother called out. But she couldn't reply as the shock had robbed her of words. 'Are you okay?'

Adam put his drink on the table and stood up. He walked over to Nada, who slowly moved her eyes to him.

'Nada.' He spoke. 'I think it's time we tell them how much we have both wanted this.'

He placed a hand on Nada's knee, as she furrowed her eyebrows with hinted anger.

'No, Adam.'

She removed his hand from her knee.

'I think it's time we tell them the truth.'

Adam's smile turned into a frown as he bit his cheek.

'Nada, dear.' Adam's dad spoke. 'Is everything okay?'

She nodded in response while facing him.

'Yes, it's true that we have known each other for a long time. But, I don't see your son in that way.'

Adam flared his nostrils as he stared at Nada, unable to believe the words that left her mouth.

'Nada.' He spoke coldly and grabbed her shoulders. 'Look at me.'

Nada, not wanting to disappoint her parents, reluctantly faced him; she could feel the anger rising inside him.

'Is this because of him?' Adam asked.

You scum.

'Don't bring him into this.' Nada spoke firmly. 'You and I both know who's the real problem.'

Adam harshly laughed while rubbing his temples.

'Is that so, Nada?' Adam's eyes narrowed as his voice became more challenging. 'Why don't you want to get married then?'

'I--'

However, before she could answer, a familiar voice interrupted her.

'Because she's already married to me.'