Chapter Fifteen.

Minho dropped Nada off to her apartment and went to work at the cafe, which he was still working at since he needed extra money.

Whereas, as soon as Nada got home, she collapsed on the couch and sighed heavily. She looked up at the ceiling and thought about the events earlier. And, as a result, she found herself smiling like an idiot.

Since Jisung had gone out to look for work, it was only her and Chief in the flat. Jisung hadn't completed his degree yet; therefore, he needed a job to help him with the funding.

Nada closed her eyes for a while, only to be disturbed by the phone ringing. Her eyes shot open as the continuous ringing started to annoy her.

'Ugh!' she groaned as she managed to somehow get herself off from the couch and walk towards the phone. 'Hello?'

'Nada, sweetie?'

Her eyes widened upon hearing the voice, one that she would recognise anywhere.

'Uncle?'

'How are you, sweetheart?' he asked enthusiastically.

Nada rolled her eyes after hearing the question. It wasn't that Nada didn't like him; she just kept her distance from her uncle as he gave her an odd feeling. And, that wouldn't affect her significantly since he was from her dad's side and she didn't have much contact with her paternal side of the family. However, she knew how close-knit her dad was with her uncle. Consequently, she would occasionally see him in gatherings and events.

'I am fine, Uncle,' she responded. 'How are you?'

'Never been better!' he replied, his voice filled with excitement that made her uncomfortable for some reason. 'Listen, dear; I wanted to let you know that we will be in town for a few days; this way we can visit you!'

This was something she wasn't expecting to hear, and neither did she want her uncle to visit her. She preferred to talk on the phone, but, now that he's here, that will not suffice.

'We?' she finally managed to utter a word.

'Oh, I nearly forgot to mention!' he chuckled over the phone. 'Adam is with me too.'

This was the only name she didn't want to hear, and as a result, she shut her eyes tightly. Adam was the adopted son of her uncle, whom she never got along with and avoided at all costs. This was because he was obsessed with Nada, and it was his obsession that made him extremely uncomfortable to be around with.

The smile that was previously glued to her face was now nowhere to be seen.

'Oh,' she replied.

Her uncle was aware of his son's unhealthy obsession with her, but, he never attempted to stop his son.

'Is that alright with you, dear?'

Nada's POV
No.

'Of course, Uncle.'

'Great! See you tonight then!' With that, he ended the call.

Nada lowered the phone from her ears, but, was still holding it in her hands.

In the meantime, Jisung walked into the apartment, 'I am home!'

He began removing his shoes but stopped midway when he saw her gloomy face.

'Nada, is everything okay?' his voice was filled with worry.

The question broke her free from the thoughts she was in. 'Hm?'

'Why do you look like somebody stole your cat?'

'This is serious, Jisung,' she sighed as she put the home phone down.