Chapter 1- A Deal Between Gods

Writer~San: We have a beautiful picture of our boi here~ It is obviously not mine but goodness the artist did a good job. It's so cuteeeeee *cries*
.
.
(~Dream's POV~)

I cautiously held my cloak over my skull, passing through the portal to Reapertale. The arrangement was to be made here upon my request. Only a certain few of us can actually visit here. Which is the reason why I had to refuse Blueberry when he insisted he should come. Fortunately, I'm given access due to my status. Being god, guardian, and ruler to my multiverse, it was only natural that I'd fit in. I was greeted at Death's door, literally.

"Gaster said you'd show up." He greeted me with a sigh. His feet hover off the ground. Seconds later, he had already put himself in a lounging position although he's midair.

"My soulmate.. Is she-" "Yeah, G's made her for ya. She's just getting her first lessons on existence and all." I got a prompt response from Death before I'd even finished asking the question.

Death leans to the side and offers for me to step inside. I tilt my head in gratitude and step forward. The large door closed on its own. Next, Death tried for his usual small talk, "Your brother must've really ticked you off to make you go this far. You never come here, let alone ask us for anything."

I gently grasp the folds of my hood and pull it down. The soft fabric falls snugly around my neck. Both of us stared at each other in prolonged silence before I finally started walking down the hall.

'I already know where I need to go.'

"I have no other choice. You've already seen what he's doing. Shadows cannot exist unless there's light. Without light, all life would surely die out. Creation, the multiverse, it must always have balance. You and your fellow gods know how crucial that is just as much as I do. But Nightmare? He doesn't care about that anymore. First, he forced our kingdom into two and declared war. Now, Nightmare won't stop until everything and everyone is destroyed."

Death follows alongside me, casually fixing his dark robe, "Yeah, yeah. I know all that stuff. But why come here? Why ask Toriel and Gaster to make you a mate? Couldn't you just find one in your world?"

A short huff leaves my throat. My mouth opens to rebuke him, but no words leave my throat nor do they come to mind without sounding foolish. I already know the answer, but there's no way I'd want to explain such reasoning to him.

'The Lords came together with a plan. As long as I follow through, everyone can be happy again... We've already lost so much..'

I pry the doubts from my soul and keep going. "Look- I just.. Time is running out. I have nowhere else to go. The sooner we can put an end to this, the better." I shut the conversation down from then on, walking in silence as we made our way to Gaster's corridor.

Upon getting there, Sans stopped in his tracks. "Well, this obviously doesn't concern me. Besides, I have souls to collect... so.. Good luck to ya, Dream.." And with that, the older god of death vanished into a cloud of thin smoke.

The large doors opened in front of me, revealing a large laboratory and library combined. Hundreds of books and objects flew from their shelves and through the air, carried by magic. With grace and organization, they separated into groups either to be put back on another shelf or to be examined in the lab to the far back of the room. Between the two areas was a large desk. Reapertale Gaster rose from his seat behind it, the colors of his cloak shining as if the universe itself was reflected in them.

 Reapertale Gaster rose from his seat behind it, the colors of his cloak shining as if the universe itself was reflected in them