Chapter 21- The True Corruption

"GuYs?!" From what I noticed, Killer is the first to hear my voice. "Y/N!" His gaze hurriedly scans the room. He's looking for me. Killer is the only one to have weapons drawn, protecting the other two and eyeing anyone that is the closest threat.

It takes me a second glance to see that all three are in rough shape. Dust is clearly wounded, clutching to one arm. Killer's clothes are ripped and his soul is unstable. His magic wouldn't be this stirred up if he wasn't serious. Horror looks outright exhausted. His eye sockets are pitch black. He's seemed to switch places with Killer on account of having "eyes". On Horror's back is another figure.

'Who..? OH MY GOD IT'S INK-'

Ink's gaze is cold and emotionless. He shows no sign of being awake, scared, or in pain. In fact, he seems oblivious to anything going on, similar to a poor soul frozen in time. Black ink stains the entirety of his clothes. There are cracks in one of his sockets dripping with the same substance.

'Is it.. Is it his blood?'

My soul gains a sudden chill. It scares me how his pupils now lack shape and color. That's the part about him that stood out the most to me. His kind and eccentric personality is just gone. I can't sense anything from his soul. In fact, I can't sense a soul at all. How is that possible?

'Where are Blue and Cross? I don't see them. The others.. They're not here to fight-!'

The circle of guards close in on them, blocking my view as a result.

'Wait!!!'

"DON'T HURT THEM!" I scream out only for Dream to push me farther back. "Y/N, you need to leave." "THEY BROUGHT INK BACK! YOU HAVE TO LET THEM THROUGH!" I demand, leaving Dream stunned. Thankfully, Sans listened to me. His pupils shrink as he turns back to the guards. "Step aside. Now." He commands to them whilst running forward. With Sunshine's hand in mine, I follow closely behind him.

The nearest guards moved out of the way for us to pass. As soon as I could, I break away from Dream and run to the trio. "WhaT haPpEnEd? What are you guys doing here?! Where are the others-" "You really want to help us..." Killer takes a shuddered breath in as he fights with himself not to cry. "Thank you, Y/N." Of course I would help them! They're my friends.

Dust glares to Dream approaching behind me. Then, surprising the heck out of me, Dust bows to him. I would expect the gesture from every single one except Dust! "Dream... Error's back."

'Who the heck?'

If this person is the one who beat them so badly, it's certainly not a good thing. I've watched them train in the courtyards. Even by themselves, each of the trio is highly trained and unstoppable. At least, until this Error came into the boxing ring.

"Somethin's wrong.. He's got Boss.. H-He ain't.. ain't h-himself." Horror strains to say, trembling violently. My friend's breathing is extremely labored. He sounds like he's about to pass out.

"Horror, save your breath." Urgently, I turn to Killer for answers, "Are either of them injured?" Dust was the first to answer me, helping his fellow knight to stand. "Horror got a nasty hit to the head. We checked, no cracks. Y'know he's always been hardheaded." I fight the urge to roll my eyes while he snickered at my torment.

'Dust, not the time-'

"It's a possible concussion then." Dream stated and then added, "And Ink?" "We left in a hurry so I'm not sure about the full extent of it. I just know he was tortured pretty bad." Killer replies.