💛Dream's Ending Part 2💛

Writer~San: Sorry guys, I'm kinda alive but kinda not. I've been procrastinating a freaking lot over absolutely everything going on but I mean, the book endings have to get written at some point. Welp, at least I'm posting today! ;w;
.
.
(~Your POV + Time Skip~)

I linger behind Dream as we step through the foggy woods. As of right now, we're taking our time scouting the tree's border. Even with Sunshine right beside me, it's made me beyond nervous being back here. Sans is only a few steps ahead of me, looking for any possible threats.

'Don't linger too far behind.'

The forest is calm and quiet. It gives more of an eerie sense than a relaxed one. Most of the horizon is still dark with the sun hiding behind it. A thin and chill layer of fog is suspended over the ground, making it difficult not to trip on something on the path. I've already freaked out dozens of times while tripping over or snapping sticks.

'He's too far- Stay close!'

"D-Dream." I stutter quietly. My soulmate hears my quivering voice and turns back to me. "It's okay, N/N. It's safe."

'I'm overreacting.'

I pull my (f/c) hood over my head with a small whine. "I know, b-but.." This forest is where the Murder Trio first took me away. It's also the border I had to cross when running from Nightmare. Those experiences aren't necessarily a pleasant thing to remember.

'What if Nightmare's already set a trap for us? What if this Error person is here too? And Sans' soul.. Can I protect him?'

"You remember the plan, right?" Dream inquires. Hurriedly dismissing my anxiety, I repeat back to him, "Find Blue and Cross. Then, we find Nightmare-"

"Don't worry. I'm sure he'll find you first." Killer adds, scaring the life out of us. I scream and jump away from the sound of his voice. My ankle suddenly catches on a tree root hidden under the fog. Harshly hitting the ground, I let out a loud yelp.

(~Dream's POV~)

"KILLER?! What are you doing here?!" I exclaim.

'They're supposed to be back at the castle!'

"Following you. Now where do the two of ya think you're going?" Dust reveals himself from the trees. I'm entirely speechless. Anxiety grows within my soul.

'For what reason are they here?'

Dust gazes at my stunned expression and scoffs. "What? You think we were just going to let you go there unaccompanied? Boss is in trouble and-" His eyes suddenly dart to Y/N like a predator locked onto prey. My bones turn cold and tense.

'Her mark-'

"Killer."
.
"I see it."
.
"Pap was right."
.
"Y/N.. You have a mark.."

We left without telling anyone so the reveal of Y/N's new mark was also kept hidden. "I do. All of you already knew that my heart belonged to Dream." She explains to them. Dust is tense, really tense. Killer nervously fidgets with his hands, stepping back behind Dust. I help Y/N to her feet, pulling her hood over her head once again. I keep a firm stance by her side afterwards.

'They're scared. Why?'

"What exactly do you plan on doing to Boss?" I can definitely sense the hostility within his soul now. Dust is interrogating. Both his voice and his expression have hardened. I don't know if it's the early morning chill or Dust's change of attitude, but the atmosphere just got a whole lot colder.