Chapter 2- The Sun Empire

Writer~San: Welcome back! (>w<) Told ya that there'd be a chapter today~ Welp, without any further interruption, here's the second chapter of Tip The Scale!
.
.
(~Dream's POV~)

"WhAt dO yOu mEaN 'twO mOnths'?!" Blue cries out. His face is full of disbelief and his eyes widened from concern. He wants me to change my mind. The blaster he keeps by his side also shares the same worry as him, gruffing out short whines.

(Writer~San: Got a reference pic for y'all! This art is made BY the EmpireVerse creator herself! I will definitely be using these throughout the book and with each character if I can

(Writer~San: Got a reference pic for y'all! This art is made BY the EmpireVerse creator herself! I will definitely be using these throughout the book and with each character if I can. So, all credit and love goes to Lunnar~Chan =w=)

I rise from my throne and sigh, "I spoke with Reapertale Gaster. That was his direction. If that's what it takes, I intend to follow it."

Ink steps closer, adding himself to the conversation, "Your Majesty- Dream... With all due respect, this is a very crucial period of time for you. Without anyone here, you make yourself completely vulnerable to Nightmare."

(Writer~San: This is Ink's designnnn~ I love the chAotic paiNt sPlatTer XDDDD)

"Nightmare doesn't know about any of this. If he does come here, no harm will come to her. I'm willing to protect her with my life." "But Dream!" Blue tries to interrupt but I hold a hand up to silence him. Holding my head high, I firmly command, "As ruler and guardian to the empire of the sun, I set your new post in the remote villages to the west.. Rumors are that Killer and Horror have been seen lurking there recently. We must make it very clear to them that if they wish to remain unharmed, they are to keep off the boundary."

'Nothing must ruin this. All must go exactly to plan.'

Blue and Ink, my sole knights and closest friends, exchange worried glances between each other. But at once, Ink bowed in obedience. Blue followed after him. "As surely as the sun rises from the east, your word will be followed through, Your Majesty." They both stated in unison.

(~Your POV + Small Time Skip~)

Dream seemed to be distressed after returning from the throne room. He expressed that he didn't want me to be present at the time the knights arrived. I really did want to obey him, but I still found myself curiously lingering by the doorway and listening to them.