Chapter 3- Dream's Courtyard

(~Dream's POV~)

As the sun just barely peeks behind the castle's roof, a shadow starts to form over the upper part of the courtyard. A small set of table and chairs are placed here, as I usually have my lunch while overlooking the garden. Although, it has been a while since the last time I had the time to. Things have been a little chaotic lately, whether it be consulting over complaints of the people, or battling Nightmare with my whole kingdom's fate hanging in the balance.

There's no servants here, as I requested they all go home too. I actually don't mind it. It's quite nice to finally be able to do things for myself and not have the head mistress hovering over my shoulder. I've had the knowledge to cook and clean for decades. Still, my servants always insisted that I shouldn't concern myself with doing it. One time they ushered me out of the kitchen even though I insisted on making my own breakfast.

What's already turned a little difficult to get used to, though, is neither of my knights being here. Usually, Blue and Ink would be right by my side, enjoying the full bloom with me. They're the ones I talk to the most.

'I.. I already miss them..'

Admitting that, my soul fills with disappointment. More specifically, I'm disappointed with myself.

'C'mon Dream..! Can't you be a little stronger just for once? You should be happy that they get to do something other than follow you around.'

After settling my thoughts, I finally take my seat at the table. A few steps ahead of the dining area is a large stairway, which leads to the lower part of the courtyard. That's where the garden resides and also where Y/N is currently.

(Writer~San: I get a lot of secret garden or fantasy castle vibes from these garden entrances- lol)

"ThEre's So mAny!" Y/N squealed, ecstatically running around the garden. She's observed every single plant, tree, and bush; regardless if they had flowers on them or not.

I smirk at her behavior. I couldn't just not be instantly reminded of a child. It's quite different from the serious demeanor she led on in Reapertale.