Chapter 6- Their Strategies

(~Your POV + Time Skip A Few Days~)

I fled through the forest with my bow tightly in hand. I jump over another downed tree trunk on the path. Twigs and leaves crunch under my feet. My breathing is labored, having been dodging and running for a while. I see the trees begin to thin out. Up ahead, the forest tree line ends and then shifts into a large field or clearing. Dream mentioned that the sudden end of the trees would mean the border of the Sun empire. I have nowhere else to run. Being completely cornered, I have nowhere to hide either.

'I'll get caught if I go out in the open!'

Pressure builds within my soul. I have to do something. There's not enough time, my life is on the line! Nearing my limit, I pulled the last arrow from the quiver on my back.

'It's now or never-'

Immediately, I slid my legs out to catch myself. Turning my waist, I courageously faced the forest in the direction I had originally been running from. It takes a lot of effort to steady my breathing. My lungs currently feel like they're on fire.

I equip the arrow to my bow, shakily drawing back on the string. Adrenaline courses through my veins. For a moment, all I can hear is how loud my soul is beating.

'Focus.. It's just like Dream taught you.'

I keep watch and listen closely. Sweat drips down my face but I keep my eyes alert and forward. There was no movement. The forest had gone completely silent but I already knew they were there. That figure, the same one of the garden, I saw them again. They're tracking me and they're openly waiting for me to make the next move. A strong gust of wind suddenly rushes through the forest, nearly knocking me over. I hold my ground and shield my face from any debris by turning into my shoulder.

The random gust soon passed. I take one more look. Nothing had changed. Leaves gently fell onto the dirt path. Bushes gently rattled. Then, there was silence. No sign of that shadow person either, whoever they are.

'Am I- ... Am I safe?'

I feel relieved. My posture loosened as did my tight hold on the arrow.

'Yes! I won!'

That feeling was short lived when something swept under my legs. I screamed, hitting the ground with a harsh thud. The arrow released from my grip, the bow's string released it, and the last of my ammo shot up into the trees. The small sack tied over the end of it busted, scattering (f/c) pigmented powder all over the nearby branches.

'Dang it! It takes me forever to craft those!'

"Why did you hesitate? You had options." Dream stands over me, tapping the bottom of his large staff on the ground. The star-like spear glowed brightly at the top of it, reflecting light from the sun.

 The star-like spear glowed brightly at the top of it, reflecting light from the sun