Chapter 12- Bitter Disagreements

(~Your POV + Time Skip Three Days~)

"Good morning, Princess." Horror mused, opening up the curtains. I whine, wrapping my blanket further around myself.

"Go away...... Please." I mutter, already feeling guilty as if I hurt his feelings. Though, Horror isn't one to get upset like the others. He chuckles before approaching the bed, replying, "Sorry for the intrusion, Lady Y/N. The emperor is summoning you for breakfast. Are you not feeling well?" I take a deep breath in, replying, "I'm not interested, Horror, but you may send him my thanks for the offer."

"You haven't left your quarters since that troubling night. And I haven't seen you eat anything since you arrived here. His Excellency is starting to grow concerned for your well-being." Horror adds, gently pulling on the blanket. I squeak, grabbing it tighter.

'I wouldn't be like this if you guys hadn't KidNAppED mE!'

Horror seems like a nice person. I've learned to trust him within the past few days. Even in our first meeting, he was the one who didn't wish to harm me. Although, I find it odd that this dark emperor he serves has had a sudden change of heart. I refuse to see him again, or the other two skeletons for that matter.

'I need to find a way out of here.'

The bed shifts slightly. Something has been placed on the corner of the bed. "Well..." Horror takes his leave towards the exit. "His Majesty apologizes for the wait, but a fresh set of clothes finally arrived for you this morning. He wishes for you to wear them to breakfast, if ya decide to change your mind." With that, my caretaker is gone.

I sit up immediately, now getting a look at the flat rectangular box Horror left behind. It's black, with a cyan ribbon tied around it. I'm plagued with even more curiosity. I wait a few moments, only to be sure that Horror was gone and that he had walked down the hall.

I crawl over to see this new gift. I've been dressed in the same tattered clothes for four days. It brings me relief to hear that I can finally change into something more presentable, even if I do never leave this room. Quietly, I pull off the ribbon and lift the lid to the box.

'Another dress?'

It's different from the gowns Dream had requested for me, but this one still looks like it'll fit. It's quite beautiful too...

'It would be ungrateful of me to wear this and not thank him personally for it.'

I sigh, fighting and also losing against myself.

'I guess I'm leaving the room after all.'

(~Nightmare's POV~)

I take another bite of toast, watching over everyone at the table. Cross has been quiet, too quiet, since his loyalty was brought into question. I've had a chance to speak with him privately. I didn't get much of a truthful answer. He claims that he only wants to "make matters easier" and Y/N's death is the only way of doing that. Cross believes that Y/N should've been executed this morning, according to schedule as was to happen in the original plan. In fact, Dust has taken sides with him and Dust taking sides with anyone besides me has always been seen as impossible.

Horror is just more than happy to be eating, grabbing a third plate of bacon and eggs for himself. The others usually scold him for eating more than me, the patriarch at the table. However, I don't mind it. Horror is the one who cooks. He's the one who gets his full share without question. Otherwise, he brings his worth into question and purposely starves himself.