Chapter 17: Be Still My Beating Heart

"When will this be over...?"

"Soon..."

Suddenly, Fallacy wakes up in shock, covered in cold sweat. He looked over to see Encre still fast asleep. The other sighed, lowering his head as felt a tingle down his spine.

Something bad was going to happen. It was going to happen soon. Too soon.

Fallacy groaned as he slid out of bed, his dark circles still apparent. A headache welcomed him early in the morning. He groaned once more before walking downstairs, the smell of breakfast cooking. "Suave. Blood." Fallacy mumbled as he walked into the kitchen.

"H-Huh...?! It's so early in the mor-"

"Suave. Blood."

Hissed Fallacy as he glared at Suave, visibly not well. Suave immediately understood as he rushed off to retrieve the bags. Fallacy sat down at the table and picked up a newspaper that was conveniently placed near him. He opened it as he crossed his legs, reading each word. One article caught his eye.

"Encre kidnapped once more by the blood-thirsty vampire!... ...King Asgore gathering his men to form a raid!..."

Crap.

He placed the paper down before Suave slips behind him, placing a blood infused tea in front of him. Fallacy sighed before sipping the tea, soon hearing Encre yawn as he walked down the stairs. "G'morning..." He mumbled as he rubbed his eye.

"Good morning." Fallacy replied. Encre stood beside him. "Whatcha readin'?" He asked with a smile that soon faded away. "They're lookin' for me?! Still?!" He shouted. "Mmh. Seems like it." He chuckled. "But there is no problem with that-" Fallacy stood up and swiftly wrapped his arm around Encre's waist. "Since I'm stronger than those weak men Asgore has." He smiled.

Fallacy hid his face in Encre's neck, taking in his scent. He stayed there for a moment before letting go of him. "Actually, I need to speak with you Encre." Fallacy spoke as he walked off. "Speak about what, exactly?" He asked as he followed Fallacy.

"Something." He turned around and grabbed Encre's hand, walking to Fallacy's room.

Fallacy closed the door behind him before looking at Encre, a worried look on his face. "We're going to have to leave." He spoke as he looked out the window. "What?! What do you mean?" Encre asked. "The newspaper is saying Agsore will take his men and form a raid. To take you back." He turned around. He was angry, you could see it in his expression.

Encre sighed. "I have a place my brother built me, just in case anything happened." She gave a quick smile before leaving the room. "Wh- Where are you going?" Fallacy asked, reaching his hand out for Encre. "I'm going to pack my stuff. It's better to leave now." He explained, rushing off to his room. Fallacy sighed.

Encre came back with his satchel filled. "So this is how it's going to work. I'll walk with you to the place and leave you there. I'll come back every once in a while to check on you, alright?" Fallacy asked. Encre nodded, it sounded like a great plan. "If push comes to shove, I'll have to ki-" Encre puts his hand over Fallacy's mouth, shaking his head. "No, if push comes to shove I'll turn myself in." Encre gave a smile.

Fallacy removed Encre's hand, an angry expression returning. "No, that is outrageous. Do you know how much trouble you will be in?" Fallacy asked, cupping Encre's face. Encre nodded, removing his face from Fallacy's hands. "I know. But it will be better than having you killed." He smiled.

Something in Fallacy broke. Seeing that smile broke his heart. Him? Sacrificing himself for my safety? He thought to himself. "No. I'm not losing another person." He frowned. "Another?" Encre asked. Fallacy knew he said too much. He sighed. "We'll talk about that later. Now, come on. We have a raid to avoid." Fallacy grabbed Encre's hand, dragging him.