Chapter 11: A Warm Morning

No one's p.o.v:

As the sun rose, Encre's eyes opened. He rubbed the tiredness away from his eye-sockets. Encre was greeted with the smell of morning breakfast. He opened his door and walked out, only to hear the soft voice of Suave. "Good morning, monsieur Encre." Suave gave Encre a small smile. Encre smiled and titled his head, giving a warm smile back. "Good morning, Suave."

"Breakfast will be ready in a moment, so please wait a bit." Encre nodded and sat down in his chair, continuing his painting. Suave closed Encre's door silently and walked away quietly. 

Encre's paintbrush moved side to side with such grace that it seemed as if the paintbrush was not touching the canvas. He hummed a soft song through his quiet voice, echoing slightly through his room. The sound of the melody ringing in his head as his imagination wandered. He felt his body become lighter somehow, the song ringing throughout his room. His small tune came to a halt when he heard a soft knock at the door. "Oh! C-Come in!" He smiled, laying his paintbrush in the colored water.

Suave opened the door, greeting Encre with a soft smile. "Here is your breakfast," He laid the breakfast near the nightstand at Encre's bed. He nodded as Suave exited the room, softly closing the door. The room was quiet again. The only noise that could be heard was the soft footsteps of Suaves. Going quieter and quieter. Encre didn't like how quiet it was so he took a break from painting. His hand was cramping either way. He got up, placing his hand on the doorknob. Only to feel the doorknob turning without his hand moving.

He jerked his hand away, spooked from the sudden motion. The door creaked open, only to see Fallacy. He looked down upon Encre, a small smile appearing on his face. "F-Fallacy! How come you were gone for so long?!" He went up and hugged him. Without noticing. Fallacy looked down at him, blushing a bright yellow. "A-Ahem..." He looked away. Encre snapped back into reality, noticing that he was hugging him. He immediately backed off, putting his arms behind his back. "Hehe! Sorry!" His French accent covered most of his words.

"I-It's alright. I know I have been gone for quite some time." Fallacy couldn't even keep eye contact with him. "Yeah! You've been gone for a long time! And I got wo-" Encre put his hands over his mouth, turning into a rainbow. "N-Nevermind! I d-didn't say anything!" The two stood quiet. "Well, I should get going. I have quite the work to do." "Right." Fallacy walked away, closing his door. Encre waited until he was far enough before squealing and jumping onto his bed. 

He couldn't believe he almost said it. He almost said he was worried. He just couldn't help but fall in love with the vampi- "No! I will not accept that thought!" He shook his head. He didn't notice how much he was crushing on the vampire. As for Fallacy, he was in the library, blushing while thinking about Encre. He accepted the thought of falling in lo- "No. We can't fall in love with a mortal. That is forbidden to the rules." He sighed. It was hard not to fall in love.