9; Things Fall Apart.

"Keep Yasmeen's issue from Maa. Whatever you do, do not let her find out, okay?" Rafael warned, pinning his steel gaze on his younger sister in a way that showed he meant what he just uttered.

Brows drawn in, and lips slanted into a slight frown, Aalia narrowed her eyes at him. "What? Why should I keep this from her?" She thought he would want their mother to know as soon as possible, since it's not like he was happy about the whole wedding to begin with.

Rafael sighing, clicking his tongue as his eyes narrowed at no one in particular. "Because she would call off the wedding" He stated, knowing what his mother is perfectly capable of.

She is the definition of chaos, and she would flip the Khalid household upside down if she finds out about her son's fiancée.

"Isn't that a good thing?" Before running into the two, Rafael told her about what he found out regarding the woman he's engaged to. He didn't know her the pictures, else she would've recognized them at first glance. "You shouldn't get married to a woman like that, Yaya"

Rafael sighed, flicking his eyes to meet hers. "Maybe not, but Asad seemed to have taken an interest on her" He stated lowly, his tone icy.

"Is he for real?" Aalia breathed out a frustrated breath. "What does he see in a woman like that? She's a nobody" Had it been her brother actually likes the girl, then she wouldn't have said something like that.

But, she never liked her from the beginning even when she didn't know her. Reason being Rafael's father is the one insisting on the wedding—for whatever reason. The man and Rafael never had a good relationship, and they still don't.

Aalia being a pretty devoted sister never liked the man either, for the way he treated her brother. Why should she? The man isn't her father.

All she and Rafael share is the mother whom got divorced when Rafael was three. She remarried Aalia's father and had the girl a year later. So, although they don't share both parents, they are really close.

Despite being a villain in many people's story, Rafael has never been, and will never be a villain in hers.

"—I thought he only made up the whole he's in love with her thing because he didn't want to marry me" Aalia added, with a slight huff and roll of her eyes. "I'm way better than her"

Rafael offered his sister a small, but warm smile. Yes, he and Asad have a bad history—but it wasn't always like that. Them being sworn enemies now though doesn't mean he would get in the way of the man marrying his sister.

Asad Gidado isn't his best choice. But, whatever Aalia wants, he gives it to her and that's the same with the man.

"If the wedding gets called off, that's basically us, pushing Yasmeen into his arms" He reasoned, having seen the bigger picture unlike her. "Is that what you want? Do you want Asad to end up with her?"

Aalia was quick to shake her head. "No, no I don't" She likes Asad—she had always liked him ever since he and Rafael were close. Being able to finally come close to marry him, she didn't want to lose him like that. "But at the same time, I don't want you to end up with a woman like that. She's not worth you"

'And Asad isn't worth you either' Rafael wanted to say, but didn't. He will forever believe Asad isn't worth his sister but underneath all that hatred and pride, even he knows the man will treat her better than a lot.

He can deny it and lie to himself all he wants, but Asad Gidado is a good man—he knows that.

"Don't worry about that. Just do as I say, okay?" He opted to say instead.