17; Deciding Factor.

Not edited.

Yasmeen couldn't wrap her head around the fact that she's married to Asad. But, it isn't just that. The idea of being married feels surreal.

Her? Married?

So, she's now a married woman? To Bros nonetheless?

No. it all feels like some joke or something. One that she's still yet to accept.

Then again, she wasn't surprised that her father would marry her off like that. She expected it to be honest, she just didn't think it would actually be possible just like that.

"Having spoken to Asad, I could see that he's a good man." Baba said, after he sent Nusaiba to summon her to his living room. It's the same day she has been married off to Asad. It was a Friday, after Jumuah prayers and a little after three.

The guests—her now husband's family--had left about an hour ago, when he summoned her to talk. To be honest, she didn't want to go because she feared it would be him scolding her again.

The thought had her mood dampening, then it lifted only because being married means she'll leave the house and he won't even see her to scold her. She had been hoping for the day she'll leave the house so she won't have to live in fear of him again, and it's now happening.

That's probably the main reason she agreed to marry Asad. Any chance she can get to get away from her family is welcomed with open hands. She has spent her entire life living like that...she wants none of it again.

When she greeted the old man after settling on the carpet, he answered in his usual dismissive tone making her heart beat wildly behind her ribcage. A part of her, a small part was actually hoping that since he had married her off...he'd be less cold.

But, he's still the same.

Judging from the first statement he uttered though, she couldn't exactly tell whether he actually believes Asad is a good man or he's just saying it. Nonetheless, she took in a breath and allowed her shoulders to slump, not saying a thing to him.

"He explained the situation, and asked for your hand in marriage instead." He added, his voice low but his tone, not so cold. "In case zaki cigaba da wannan halin ki na banzan, I thought it would be better off to just tie the knot kafin ki qara bata mana suna. Kiji chan and do whatever, you are no longer our responsibility, but his."

Yasmeen flicked her eyes close, her heart clenching even more. It hurts. His words hurt, but it's like he doesn't realize it. To be honest, it's time like this that she wishes he's not in her life. Is this how parenting works? To say whatever, you want to your child simply because you give birth to them?

She didn't want her thoughts to dwell on that, so she forced herself to keep them aside and instead focused on the fact that she will soon leave the house and no longer deal with this.

Making sure to keep her lips shut, she quietly waited as he continued.

"Considering the circumstances under which the nikah took place, you will be conveyed to your new house in a week in shaa Allah." He stated, flicking his eyes to rest on her figure. She wasn't staring at him, but rather at the carpet that suddenly piqued her interest. "Thankfully, I haven't cancelled your documents yet because he works in Birmingham too, so you'd live with him there."

Yasmeen knew that, considering Asad already told her. She had already processed everything initially with her whole marriage with Rafael. The man doesn't live there, but he apparently has to work there for a while, so he planned to take her with him initially. Everything has been processed already, including her transfer to another university to finish off her studies since she still has a year left.