11; Skeletons in the Closet.

The return of Air Chief Marshall Ahmad Gidado a week earlier than expected came as a surprise to his family. It was hard to say it was all good news though, because although Ama and Asad were both glad to see him return, it also means the beginning of another never-ending issue.

Asad loves his father, although he missed certain parts of his life but still, they have a pretty good relationship. However, the man is as strict as they come. Perhaps, it's because he's a soldier, of the highest rank of the Nigerian air force to be precise, or maybe it's just part of who he is.

Nonetheless, Asad looked up to him growing up. He wanted to be like his father, minus being the soldier part. Hence, why he became a pilot. His father's occupation is the reason he and Aslam Abd Al-Rasheed became friends to begin with.

Considering the latter's father is currently the Chief of Army staff and former's father, Air Chief Marshall Ahmad Gidado being the Chief of Air staff. Yes, it's a soldier's something.

Asad loved the part of his father's work where he flies planes and whatnot, but not sacrificing his life for his country's part. No, thank you. He'd leave that to those who felt like that's how they want to spend their life.

Besides, he loves his career a lot more than he thought he would. And now, he couldn't see himself doing anything else.

"When are you going back to work?" Air Chief Marshall Ahmad Gidado questioned, after Ama had disappeared with the used dishes he had feast on. Despite his return being a surprise, his wife didn't fail in the aspect of at least, giving him a grand mini banquet to celebrate it.

As always. She's always prepared and quick when it comes to that.

Asad, whom the questioned was directed to looked up, his eyes falling on his father who is currently seated on one of the numerous Le Corbusier style sofa in the debonair living room. Legs stretched on the grey faux fur center rug he's seated, he answered. "In two weeks in shaa Allah" He is currently on break, and if not that Ama had disturbed him, he wouldn't have come to visit.

His father nodded, letting the information sink in. "I hope you know you'll be taking your wife with you back to Birmingham, right?" Ah, there it is. Asad knew this wife talk is bound to pop up sooner rather than later.

And truth be told, nothing could prepare him for it. So, he sighed; his shoulders slumping. "Abu..."

"Don't try to use your mother to get out of this" Abu pinned his narrowed eyes at his one and only child. "Nothing is going to make me back out of this, kana jina? You will get married before you return, and that will be it"

How could Asad forget? His father is one stubborn willed man. If he stands by something, nothing would make him waver. But, he was hoping Ama could talk to her husband and sway him. It won't be the first time anyway.

"Abu" Asad called out slowly. "Please don't make me marry Zoya. Anyone but her."

"Anyone?"

"Aalia excluded" He was quick to add, because he wouldn't fall for the trap of marrying that girl. She has done nothing to him personally. But, her brother did, and honestly, Asad doesn't see her as anything more than a young girl he considered a little sister.

A marriage talk is ridiculous. Ama simply brought it up hoping it would help mend the relationship between him and Rafael Ameen Gaya. She should've known that it wouldn't happen anyway.

Asad inherited his father's stubbornness. If he sets his mind on not marrying Aalia, then he would do anything to stop the ridiculous wedding from taking place.