15; #BrosSaidYas.

"Weirdly enough, your father wasn't hard to convince"

Asad sighed, settling on an egg style swivel chair situated by the bed. His eyes flicked close for a brief second, glad that he doesn't have to go through a tough time with his father because of this, and because he loves the contoured seat that cocoons the occupier-it's probably one of his favorite piece in the room.

Pushing those thoughts aside, he flickered his eyes open and met hers through the video call. "I'm not surprised, and at the same time, I am" He admitted. "But I'll talk to him about it too, we need to finalize everything."

She nodded, her lips stretching into a warm smile. "Don't worry about it, all will be well in shaa Allah"

Asad's lips slanted upwards into a smile, mirroring hers. "Thanks, Nana. I knew I could count on you." When he said there's one person he could think of that will get him out of his marriage with Zoya, it's her. His father is truly a stubborn person, but, there's one person he listens to despite everything.

And that's his mother, Asad's Nana.

As always, the woman is ready to do anything for her grandson. If it means talking to her son out of whatever it is he's planning, she would.

She waved off what he said, before her eyes dilated a bit and she went on like an excited teenager. "Who's this girl that changed your view on marriage though? Your mother said she's a handful."

Asad snorted slightly, shaking his head in the process. "Please, Ama adores her already." He stated, knowing his mother like the back of his hand. She calls Yasmeen a handful, but he can see she doesn't mean any harm to it. If anything, she seems more excited about the wedding than anyone else-not him, and not Yasmeen. He then continued. "And, the word 'handful' won't even cut it. She's a different breed." No one can convince him otherwise. 'A rare one.' He wanted to add, but he didn't.

Nana's smile stretched into a wide grin. Despite being old, she definitely isn't outdated. There's something about the way Asad speaks of the woman-which she hasn't seen in him in years. Could this woman be his saving grace? She couldn't help but wonder. "She's perfect for you then." She knows her grandson can be a handful too-having someone with the same character as him will keep him on his toes.

There would never be a dull moment with them.

Asad didn't say a thing, but there was still a small smile masking his features. He wouldn't exactly say she's perfect-not when he doesn't have any feelings for her and vice versa, but she's his best choice.

If he has to get married, then he'd much rather have it be her than any other woman in his life as of the moment. At the very least, she isn't boring, cliché, or someone he has a past with.

She's a force to be reckoned with. A different, and probably, an extremely rare breed as he said-but not necessary a bad one. One that might need a visit to the asylum, maybe, but still...not a bad one.

"Where's Farrah?" He questioned instead, choosing to change the topic. He doesn't want to dwell on it-not even after he has accepted it but at the same time, he doesn't want to. He knows he'll need to get his thoughts in check though before the wedding, and he would.

Nana sighed, her smile morphing into a small one. And in that moment, she sure looks as old as she is, but at the same time, seems to still have the energy someone of her age shouldn't have. "She's asleep" She answered. "I swear that girl is just as energetic as you were as a kid. She's been up and about! I only got her to sleep about an hour ago." She shook her head, though even the thought of her great grandchild kept a warm smile on her features.