Chapter 2

One day had passed since the car incident and today was the first day of school.

How great ... I thought sarcastically in my head.

All the students were gathered at the gym to meet the new principal.
Scott was somewhere with his friend Paul; Jean was also somewhere with Duncan. Kurt and Evan along with Bobby, Roberto, Jubilee and Sam were sitting at the back of the bleachers. I had lost Rogue in the crowd. James, Ray and Rahne where in the middle and I had no idea where Tabitha was.

Was she even here? 

While I was with Amara, she wanted to sit at the very front at the lower seats, so I accompanied her.

Surprisingly the brotherhood was also here, standing against the wall next to the entrance of the gym. Well, Lance, Pietro and Blob were leaning against the wall, while Todd was chasing flies around.

Yuck.

I could see Lance stare at me and I decided to confront him about it. I stared back at him raising an eyebrow and he immediately looked away.
He has been acting like that for a long while actually. 

Anyway don't know what had gotten in to him.

(Third person point of view) 

"Man, even the flies think they’re better than us!" Todd complained as he wasn't able to catch any flies.

"Yeah, I don't even know what we're doing at school anyway," Fred said as Todd came to lean against the wall between Fred and Pietro.

Pietro immediately jumped in the conversation, using Fred's comment as a chance to tease and maybe get his dear friend to finally make a move.

"Yeah, but we know what Lance is doing here. He would like to get a certain Kitty stuck in a tree," he said making Fred and Todd to laugh but also making Lance pissed.

"K-I-S-S-I..-" Pietro started singing, but was cut off by Lance trying to smack his shoulder, but Pietro quickly rushed away, laughing as Todd got hit instead.

Oh, come on, Pietro thought.

This should have been enough to trigger Lance.

He thought and as Lance began walking away from them and towards Kathryn his smile widened.

"Yes!" Pietro whisper yelled to himself.

Yes, baby I did it again, aren't I awesome? He thought to himself.

(Kathryn's point of view) 

Lance suddenly began walking up to me, he climbed up the bleachers, shoving the guy who sat behind me away and sat at his place instead.

"Hey, Kitty! Didn't see you there," he said innocently and placed his hand on my shoulder.

"Oh, look! It's the walking Richter scale. Shouldn't you be erupting somewhere?" I said, knocking his hand away from my shoulder.

I turned to look at the brotherhood and then at Amara, they were all laughing.

I just rolled my eyes at the brotherhood and watched as the new principal walked inside.

"And now everyone! Let's give a warm Bayville high welcoming to our new principal! Edward Kelly and his son, Jacob Kelly," a teacher said and we clapped.

I didn't really care who was the new principal as long as they were not Mystique, we’d be good. 

Suddenly the earth beneath the principal shook, making him lose his balance and grab onto the teacher that made the announcement, causing them both to crash to the floor.