Chapter 19

We opened the boxes and got into pairs to get the everything done faster.

So, Lance and Pietro were outside fixing the lights around the house.

Todd and Tabitha have begun putting the tree together.

Me and Fred were closed of in the kitchen trying to make a traditional recipe of sugar cookies his mother used to make every Christmas.

"So sugar cookies...how do we start?"  I asked having no idea what i am supposed to do.

Why did I agree to go to the cooking pair.

"We always started by grabbing a large bowl" he stated and reached one of the high shelves and pulled out a red bowl placing it on the counter.

"And?" I asked again.

"And we pour inside flour,baking powder and salt" he said and i nodded as we both looked for the ingredients and put them in the bowl.

"Now leave that on the side and let's grab another bowl" he instructed and i followed his orders grabbing another bowl but from the lower shelves. He took it from my hands gently and placed it on the counter next to the other bowl.

"So in here we are gonna beat butter and sugar until it takes the form we need" He said and grabbed a huge spoon and begun to mix.

I looked at him thinking how cute and innocent he looked right now.

How can this guy that cooks sugar cookies for his family at Christmas be the same person that kidnapped Jean last year.

I must have been staring at him for a long while because he gave me a dirty look.

"What are you looking at?" He asked defensively.

"Sorry!" I apologized immediately but still couldn't help but think..

Am I doing the right thing for giving them a second chance?

"Fred.." I begun and he hummed in response.

"Do you want me to help you mix it? people tell me that I have strong hands" I  offered and he laughed a little.

"Yeah most of the guys have noticed" he said laughing refereeing to our old fights.

"Sorry about that" I apologized again.

"Nah we deserved it" he said still in a playful mood.

"I think we both did" i spoke and he relaxed a little.

"Christmas Attack!!" I heard Todd and Tabitha scream in high pitch voice and Christmas instruments were thrown at us.

One landed inside the bowl causing flour to go all over the place and most importantly all over my face and hair and shirt.

I stood frozen for a moment with my eyes closed trying not to get any flour in my eyes. I couldn't hear anything so i guessed they all have went silent.

I reached slowly and wiped the flour away from my eyes and also spit the flour out of my mouth.

I made a disgusted expression as I tasted the bitterness and dryness of the flour.

I heard all of them burst out laughing Tabitha having the loudest laugh out of them all.

"Oh god gurl! White looks good on you" She said and flickered my hair.

"No it doesn't" i said and tried to wipe away more flour from my face.

"This will take a year to clean" I complained.

"Don't worry hun we are gonna figure it out" Tabitha comforted me slapping Todd's back who was still laughing at me. He yelled and rubbed the spot Tabitha hit.