*scene 7*

CHAPTER SEVENBATTLE

CHAPTER SEVEN
BATTLE

"They're here!" Anakin assure as he ran over to the others

"Almost everyone's in camps, a few hundred police and guards have formed an underground resistance movement. I brought back as many leaders as I could. The federation army's also much larger than we thought, and much stronger. Your highness, this is a battle I do not think we can win."

"The battle is a diversion." Padme spoke back "the Gungans must draw the droid army away from the cities. R2." R2 turned towards Padme "we can enter the city using the secret passages on the waterfall side. Once we get to the main entrance, Captain Panaka will create a diversion. Then we can enter the palace and capture the viceroy. Without the viceroy, they will be lost and confused. What do you think, Master Jedi?" Padme turned to Qui-Gon

"The viceroy will be well guarded." Qui-Gon answered plainly

"The difficulty is getting into the throne room." Another Jedi spoke "once we're inside, we shouldn't have a problem."

"There is a possibility, with this diversion, many Gungans will be killed." Qui-Gon stated

"Wesa ready to do our san part." A Gungan spoke

"We have a plan which should immobilise the droid army." Padme spoke again "we will send what pilots we have to knock out the droid control ship orbiting the planet."

"A well conceived plan. However, there's a great risk. The weapons on your fighters may not penetrate the shields." Qui-Gon said matter a factly

"There's an even bigger danger." Obi-Wan spoke for the first time "If the viceroy escapes, your highness, he will return with another droid army."

"Well, that is why we must not fail to get the viceroy. Everything depends on it."

——

They had a plan, now they just had to succeed, they all got ready to fight, Rae and Anakin stayed close together at all costs.

Qui-Gon kneeled down to Anakin and Rae's level.

"Once we get inside, you guys find a safe place to hide and stay there." Rae nodded

"Sure." Qui-Gon held up his finger

"Stay there." He repeated before blasters could be heard, they all ducked behind a wall, careful not to be seen.

Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon pulled their lightsabers out of their belt buckles and ran towards the droids, Rae and Anakin following carefully behind.

"Ani, Rae, find cover!" Qui-Gon told the two Padawans once they were inside, Obi-Wan quickly pulled Anakin aside.

"Protect my sister at all costs, I can't lose her again." Anakin only nodded

"Ani, come on!" Rae called out to Anakin, he ran after her as they found cover, Rae flinched at the loud noise of the blasters as Anakin held her protectively.

The noise suddenly stopped when Darth Maul came into view, Anakin let go of Rae and quickly jumped into a fighter Pod.

"Ani, what are you doing?!" Rae whisper shouted

"We've gotta do something, Rae!" Anakin said with a shrug

"Turn on the blasters." Rae instructed

"I'm trying to! I don't know where the trigger is!" Anakin defended himself

Anakin accidentally pressed the wrong button making the ship move forwards.

"Oops, wrong one. Maybe it's this one." Once again Anakin pressed the wrong button, Rae couldn't hear anything else that Anakin was saying because he was now too far away, she quickly hid behind another fighter jet trying not to be seen.

She started to hear blasters again, she looked up and Anakin was shooting at a bunch of droids, Anakin's jet flew outside after a while.

"Oh, Anakin!" Rae groaned keeping her cover, Rae wanted to do something but she couldn't find the strength to move from her hiding spot, she was scared, she wanted Anakin...