*scene 21*

CHAPTER TWENTY ONEI LOVE YOU

CHAPTER TWENTY ONE
I LOVE YOU

"Destroyers." Anakin exclaimed before igniting his lightsaber to dodge any blasts sent their way, Obi-wan and Rae followed suit as they slowly backed into the elevator.

"Drop your weapons." A strange voice muffled as the elevator doors shut, the Jedi's slowly turned around before igniting their lightsabers and taking out the droids one by one.

Rae smiled proudly before the elevator stopped abruptly, "did you press the stop button?" Obi-wan asked her.

"Why would I press the stop button?" Rae asked rudely.

"Well, there's more than one way out of here." Anakin said as he looked up and drilled a hole into the roof with his lightsaber.

"We don't want to get out. We want to get moving." Obi-wan stated, "R2, activate elevator 31174." Obi-wan told R2 through his walky talky before the roof fell to the floor and Anakin jumped out.

"Always on the move." Rae sighed before the elevator began to fall, "R2, we're meant to be going up." Rae informed before the elevator stopped again and went up instead, "that's better." Rae smiled before they heard a thud from behind them, out of instinct, Obi-wan raised his lightsaber before realising it was only Anakin.

"Oh, it's you." Obi-wan sighed in relief.

"What was that all about?" Anakin questioned.

"Well, R2 has been—" Obi-wan started.

"Uh, no loose wire jokes." Anakin warned.

"Did I say anything?" Obi-wan asked.

"He's trying." Anakin said sticking up for R2.

"I didn't say anything." Obi-wan argued before they made it to the floor that they had to get off on, "Chancellor." Obi-wan greeted with a bow.

"Are you all right?" Anakin asked kindly.

"Count Dooku." Chancellor replied simply before Count Dooku walked in.

"This time we will do it together." Obi-wan stated.

"I wanted to say that." Rae whined as she glared at Dooku.

"Get help. You're no match for him. He's a Sith Lord." Chancellor stated from behind the trio.

"Unluckily for him, Sith Lords are our specialty." Rae smirked, her eyes not leaving Count Dooku's.

"Your swords, please. We don't want to make a mess of things in front of the Chancellor." Dooku spoke.

"You won't get away this time, Dooku." Obi-wan warned before igniting his lightsaber, Anakin and Rae following before they attacked Dooku.

"I've been looking forward to this." Dooku smirked.

"My powers have doubled since the last time we met, Count." Anakin spoke as he circled Dooku.

"Good. Triple the pride, triple the fall." Dooku smirked.

"It's three against one, you'll never win." Rae smirked back before going to hit Dooku with her saber but she was pushed back by the force, Rae groaned as she hit her head on the wall.

Anakin gritted his teeth as he continued to fight Dooku along side Obi-wan.

Anakin and Obi-wan groaned when they were both pushed away by the force and their backs hit the wall.

Anakin was the first to stand back up as Obi-wan was stuck under a large plank and Rae was passed out.

"I sense great fear in you, Skywalker." Dooku spoke, "you have hate. You have anger. But you don't use them."

Anakin groaned loudly as he moved his lightsaber and cut both of Dooku's hands off and grabbed Dooku's lightsaber, holding both lightsabers against Dooku's neck.

"Good. Anakin, good." Chancellor chuckled, "kill him. Kill him now."

"I shouldn't." Anakin shook his head as Rae began to regain consciousness.

"Do it." Chancellor said harshly, Anakin thought for a moment before beheading Dooku, "you did well, Anakin. He was too dangerous to be kept alive."

"Yes, but he was an unarmed prisoner." Anakin stated as he dropped the lightsabers, "I shouldn't have done that. It's not the Jedi way."

"It is only natural. He cut off your arm, and you wanted revenge." Chancellor shrugged, "it wasn't the first time, Anakin. Remember what you told me about your mother and the Sand People? Now we must leave before more security droids arrive." Chancellor said as he walked towards the exit, Anakin following but not before running towards Rae.

"Rae." Anakin whispered.

"Ani." Rae smiled, "did we win?"

"Yeah, we won." Anakin smiled, "but we gotta go now."

"Anakin, you go. I'll be fine. Someone will find me." Rae smiled slightly, Anakin cupped her cheeks.

"No, I'm not leaving you here. You're injured—" Anakin started.

"Exactly. If I go with you, I could get even more injured. Just go, please. I'll be fine." Rae held Anakin's hand tightly, Anakin shook his head before he finally gave in.

"Okay. Please be okay." Anakin begged, Rae nodded before leaning in and giving him a kiss, pulling apart after a few seconds and leaning her forehead on his.

"I love you." Rae whispered making Anakin smiled widely.

"I love you too." Anakin replied before he walked away with Palpatine.