*scene 15*

CHAPTER FIFTEENINTRUSIVE THOUGHTS

CHAPTER FIFTEEN
INTRUSIVE THOUGHTS

"Okay, Ani. Two questions, where are we going and why can't we take Padme?" Rae asked, Anakin grew angry.

"This is a Jedi's job. Padme will be safe as long as she's on Tattooine. We're going to save my mother." Anakin said seriously

-

Anakin and Rae snuck into the Raiders small camp and Anakin used his lightsaber to burn a hole in one of the tents.

Anakin's face dropped when they walked inside and he immediately spotted his mother laying tied up almost lifeless, Anakin walked over and started to untie her wrist, Rae untied the other.

Once she was untied, Anakin grabbed her in his arms, "Ani?" Shmi managed to say "Is that you?" Anakin nodded as Rae stood off to the side a little

"I'm here, mum. Rae as well." Anakin pulled Rae over so that Shmi could see her, Shmi smiled.

"You're safe." Rae assured, Shmi grabbed her sons face.

"You look so handsome." Anakin leaned into his mothers hand and kissed it softly as tears threatened to spill from his eyes, "My son. My grown up son. I'm so proud of you, Ani." Shmi averted her gaze towards Rae "I so proud of the both of you." Rae smiled

"I missed you." Anakin sniffled

"Now I am complete." Shmi looked from Rae to Anakin "I love y—" Shmi paused, her eyes slowly starting to close.

"Stay with me, mum." Anakin begged

"I—I love—" Rae's hands trembled as Shmi fell limp in Anakin's arms, Rae kneeled down beside Anakin as he stared off into space.

"Ani?" Before Rae could say anything else, Anakin stood up and took out his lightsaber before storming out of the tent and taking down two Raiders catching the attention of other Raiders, Rae stood up and followed Anakin's lead.

-

"I brought you something. Thought it might cool you off..." Rae said as she placed a tray of food down for Anakin.

"Why'd she have to die?" Anakin rhetorically asked "why couldn't I save her? I know I could have!" Anakin turned away from Rae.

"You did everything you could, Ani. Sometimes there are things no one can fix." Rae said calmly "you're not all-powerful, Ani."

"Well, I should be!" Anakin shouted "someday I will be. I will be the most powerful Jedi ever!" Anakin turned towards Rae again "I promise you. I will even learn to stop people from dying."

"Anakin." Rae said in a warning tone

"It's all Obi-wan's fault!" Anakin bellowed making Rae's eyes go wide "he's jealous! He's holding me...us back!"

"What's wrong, Ani? I know you, and I know that you would talk bad about Obi-wan deliberately. Especially in front of his sister." Anakin paused as if he was thinking long and hard about something.

"I killed them. I killed them all. They're dead. Every single one of them. And not just the men, but the women...and the children too. They're like animals, and I slaughtered them like animals! I hate them!" Anakin yelled before sitting down, Rae sat down beside him unsure of what to say.

"I get that you're angry, you're upset...but don't take it out on Obi-wan. You killed those Raiders because they killed your mother, your intrusive thoughts got the better of you." Anakin shook his head

"I'm a Jedi, and so are you." Anakin spoke "I know I'm better than this." Anakin cried, Rae leaned over and placed a soft reassuring kiss on Anakin's temple.