*scene 17*

CHAPTER SEVENTEENMISSING LIGHTSABER

CHAPTER SEVENTEEN
MISSING LIGHTSABER

"See those columns of steam straight ahead?" Padme asked Anakin and Rae, "they're exhaust vents of some type."

"That'll do." Anakin nodded as Padme landed the ship.

"Look, whatever happens out there, follow my lead." Padme strictly told the two Padawan Learners, "I'm not interested in getting into a war here. As a member of the senate, maybe I can find a diplomatic solution to this mess." Padme stood up and left the ship.

"Don't worry. I've given up trying to argue with you." Anakin replied as him and Rae followed the Senator.

———

"Wait." Anakin stopped in the middle of the long dark hallway that they now stood in.

A loud squawk came from behind them, Rae and Anakin pulled out their lightsabers as Padme ran ahead.

Anakin and Rae turned around and fought off the creatures that started to attack them before running after Padme, only to be met with a dead end at the end of the hallway.

A door from behind them closed making the platform descend from underneath them, Anakin grabbed onto the edge of the door as well as Rae but Padme fell landing on another platform below, "shoot." Rae said before jumping down to join Padme.

"Rae!" Anakin called out before rolling his eyes and also jumping down onto the other platform to join the two.

Rae and Anakin pulled out their lightsabers again and fought off some more creatures attempting to keep Padme safe.

Rae looked around after a while realising that she couldn't see Padme anymore, "Where's Padme?" She asked Anakin, he just shrugged and jumped down onto another platform below them, Rae scoffed and followed him as she continued to fight some other creatures.

Rae suddenly lost her balance and fell backwards off the platform landing with a loud grunt inside a large sort of bucket, Rae stood up and looked to her left spotting Padme, they shared a look before trying to climb out of the bucket when suddenly the bucket tipped over and they tumbled out.

The two quickly regained their balance before looking around with confusion as to where they had landed.

Soon enough, they were surrounded by droids. Rae reached for her lightsaber and her eyebrows furrowed when it wasn't in her belt buckle, Rae groaned realising she must've dropped it.

"Obi-wan's gonna kill me." Rae muttered to herself.

Rae and Padme stood back to back with their hands in front of their faces ready to fight and more droids joined the party.

———

(In honour of Star Wars Day (In Australia), I thought I better update.)

May the 4th be with you xx