*scene 22*

CHAPTER TWENTY TWOI KILL YOU

CHAPTER TWENTY TWO
I KILL YOU

Rae waited patiently as she waited for Anakin to return. Not long after she had been knocked out, she got taken back to the palace.

Rae watched as Anakin spoke to the General, waiting for him to notice her.

"Excuse me." Anakin excused himself before running towards his wife and hugging her tightly, "are you alright?" Rae nodded.

"Yeah, just a minor concussion." Rae shook her head, Anakin sighed in relief before kissing Rae's forehead lightly, "there were whispers that you'd been killed."

"I'm all right." Anakin reassured before kissing Rae.

"Wait. Not here." Rae shook her head.

"Yes, here." Anakin spoke sternly before kissing her again, "I'm tired of all this deception. I don't care if they know we're married."

"Anakin, don't say things like that." Rae sighed, pulling him into a hug.

———

Anakin woke suddenly, panting and sweating heavily. He looked down beside him where Rae was sleeping peacefully. Or so he thought.

Anakin stood up slowly and made his way to the living room and looked out the window. Rae following him unknowingly.

"What's bothering you?" Rae asked making herself known.

Anakin sighed, "nothing." Anakin slowly reached towards Rae's neck, grabbing ahold of the necklace he once gave her when they were kids, "I remember when I have this to you."

"How long is it gonna take for us to be completely honest with each other?" Rae questioned.

"It was a dream." Anakin sighed again.

"Bad?" Rae asked.

"Like the ones I used to have about my mother, just before she died." Anakin explained, Rae nodded for him to continue, "and it was about you. It was only a dream." Anakin denied, looking away from Rae, "you die..." Anakin looked towards Rae again, "...because of me. I kill you."

"What do you mean, Ani?" Rae asked in shock.

"I don't know." Anakin shrugged.

"It was only a dream." Rae shook her head, grabbing Anakin's hands.

"I won't let this one become real." Anakin backed away slightly.

"I've known you my whole life. You would never kill anyone. Especially me." Rae mentioned.

"I know." Anakin nodded.

"Do you think Obi-Wan might be able to help us?" Rae suggested.

"We don't need his help." Anakin shook his head.

———

"You've both missed the report on the outer rim sieges." Obi-wan sighed as he spotted Anakin and Rae walked towards him.

"Sorry, we were held up." Anakin apologised.

Rae sighed, "we have no excuse."

"In short, they are going very well." Obi-Wan explained shortly, "Saleucami has fallen, and Master Vos has moved his troops to Boz Pity."

"What's wrong, then?" Anakin questioned.

"The senate is expected to vote executive powers to the chancellor today." Obi-Wan sighed.

"Well, that can only mean less deliberating and more action. Is that bad?" Rae asked.

"it'll make it easier for us to end this war." Anakin added.

"Be careful of your friend Palpatine." Obi-Wan warned.

"Be careful of what?" Anakin asked.

"He has requested your presence." Obi-Wan spoke.

"What for?" Anakin questioned.

"He would not say." Obi-wan shook his head.

"He didn't inform the council?" Anakin inquired, "that's unusual, isn't it?"

"All of this is unusual." Rae spoke up.

"And it's making me feel uneasy." Obi-wan added on.