03. A Dim View

********

********

The Sports car was running smoothly towards university hostel to drop Alicia who had been to mall in taxi instead of her Porsche, just so Iyaad would escort her in his Camaro and he despite of not having even a bit of heart to do that, agreed to do so.

However, her perpetual bragging and flaunt about her extravagant but grotesque new clothes, jewelleries, footwears and whatever was really triggering the urge inside him to kick her straight out. Well, If it wasn't for her being a family friend, and his faithful friendly nature, he would have surely done that.

"Whaat? Did he really give a bag to her?! No, you must be lying." Alicia grisly turned towards Hariz who just slapped his mouth shut.

Hariz in the midst of chat had blurted out the secret of Iyaad slipping an elegant ornate bag in Ayzel's by tricking her to get him a book. Iyaad shot a glare at Hariz from the back mirror who could only reciprocate it with apologetic eyes. After all, he had unknowingly ditched his dude and now zipping his mouth would be a good turn.

Iyaad shifted his eyes to his side where Alicia was disconcertingly staring at him through her silver eye contacts.

"Yeah so what's so eerie in it anyways?" He shrugged his shoulders and settled his gaze to the vipers erratically functioning on the wind screen due to drizzling rain. Too much better view than a doll's face. Alicia raised her perfectly lined eyebrow at him.

"Oh really? Since when have you started throwing money in charity?" She investigated in her fine British accent, with tone considering something so chimerical.

"Not charity. That girl lost her bag because of me and I returned it." He said nonchalantly, his left arm sliding to the top of steering. Someone nodded from the back seat.

"Yes, and that's a good deed. My mother always says that." Hariz said before Alicia could start her never-ending interference but she also wasn't someone to refrain from her opinions.

"Then your mother's wrong. Aren't you guys aware of these type of grotty girls?" Her voice was filled with loathe as she threw the empty Pepsi diet cane in the drink carrier.

Iyaad felt his hackles rising and his grip on the steering tightened slightly. He never admired this attitude of Alicia and she seemed to be carrying it the most. The light shower from the clouds intensed, escalating the frequency of vipers. With the corner of his eyes, he looked at the helplessly inclined cane. Hariz's expressions switched.

"Excuse me. Not a single word against my mother." Hariz glared at Alicia who wasn't even looking, playing none other than a protective child's role who couldn't tolerate the blasphemy of his mom.

Alicia snickered and jerked her sleek golden hair away which hit Hariz directly at the face and it only intensed his irk. He mentally punched her. Iyaad disdainly looked at her sarcastic visage and a second later, a slight smirk enhanced the cuts on his young phiz as they stopped at a signal.