18. A Change Of Scenery

********

********

The dark grey walls of the villa, illuminated under the golden lights were giving slightly purplish touch due to the nautical twilight shining through the dancing curtains. The sleepy furnitures were boringly listening to the clicks and ticks rising from the wide studio kitchen where the young boy stood in front of the counter.

His figure was cladded in black tracksuit with high-collared jacket and track pants. His hair were sheltering his forehead as he busily prepared a glass of fresh apple juice for himself to take on jog. Once it was ready, he poured the mixture into a disposable paper glass and secured it with the cap. After rearranging the appliances and cutleries he had used, he grabbed a straw and inserted it in the glass while he exited the kitchen.

It was nearly 6 a.m and he already had a healthy amount of time to relish the ataraxy of early morning breezes in the park before making his trip to the gym. His joggers closed feet were moving towards the exit when a single glance at the door of the guest room slowed him down to some extent and he whirled towards it with stolen attention.

The chocolate hued door was not closed as expected, it was halfway open and his ears could detect some vaguely faded sound emerging out from inside the room. His curious side woke up...

Is someone in there?

The previous night incident replayed on his screen and he remembered that after the succesful efforts of his mother and nurse of stabilizing Ayzel from the grip of her nightmare the previous night, Zaima had taken her to her own room and offered to sleep there every night until her family arrives; Zaima didn't want any unnecessary mess in her home.

Sipping from the juice, he moved closer to the door to check if Ayzel had come back to her room. However, before his finger could move to knock at the door, it automatically ceased in place and his senses experienced an unexpected turn when a smooth dulcet girlish voice incepted entering his ears...

اَللّٰهُ الَّذِىۡ خَلَقَ السَّمٰوٰتِ وَالۡاَرۡضَ وَمَا بَيۡنَهُمَا فِىۡ سِتَّةِ اَيَّامٍ ثُمَّ اسۡتَوٰى عَلَى الۡعَرۡشِ‌ؕ

It Is Allah Who Has Created The Heavens And The Earth And Everything In Between In Six Days, Then Established Himself On The Throne. [32:04]

His brows slightly constricted at the unfamiliar melody and his eyes incessantly blinked as he tried to focus on the vocals that he had almost assumed to be... A poem?

مَا لَكُم مِّن دُونِهِۦ مِن وَلِىٍّۢ وَلَا شَفِيعٍ ۚ أَفَلَا تَتَذَكَّرُونَ [٤]

You Have No Protector Or Intercessor Besides Him. Will You Not Then Be Mindful? [32:04]

It took some tick of seconds for him to slowly recognize the words that Ayzel was reading and once he realized, his dark eyes stopped blinking and all the thoughts of checking on her started escaping his head; clasping his senses for a new trip to some unknown universe...